Thread: Check Cyber Socket's Audit Report

Think big. Shoot hard.

Check Cyber Socket's Audit Report

Because the site they have listed on their website NEVER did an audit on their circulation....

They list Circulation Verification Council as the auditor. An email from CVC I got today says otherwise...

"Lloyd,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Cybersocket Magazine. Cybersocket is not a current CVC client and the magazine is currently listed as “audit requested – not completed” in our system. Cybersocket contracted for a circulation audit covering a period ending March 31, 2006, but we did not receive the required reporting to initiate or complete a verification of their circulation claims. The Cybersocket file was closed December 28, 2006.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to call.
    "

Think big. Shoot hard.
    The reason I am posting on here as well as the board where it all started is because I feel like it.

In case no one knows it all started when I made a comment to check their Audit Report as I can't find the damn magazine in NYC. I was then accused of saying they didn't have one. How can you check one if they don't have one? UGH! Furthermore they went on to imply that JUb should be more open about their circulation data, when in fact they (Cyber Socket) have a company listed on their ad page that has never done an audit on them...

Douglas who said he would share their audit with any webmaster now wont even say which company did their audit.

If a company can lie on their ad page about the company that did the audit, what else can you believe?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    No comment

Regards,

Lee

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    This situation has a really simple solution.

Any company of ethics and integrity who finds itself in a situation like this will immediately post to clarify the situation if there's a misunderstanding, or own up to the situation and post a mea culpa if in fact it turns out there's been an error. I like to be optimistic and openminded, but in this case, it's hard to imagine a scenario where it's a simple oversight, so either an explanation or acknowledgement of the error would go a long way.

If it were my company, I'd also be concerned about making sure my advertisers were happy since presumably some of them made the decision to advertise based on a representation of audited circulation that wasn't audited.

I hope there can be a good outcome to this situation, and people just don't make it into drama.

Looking for content ;)
    hmm, reading this thread makes me happy that i never bought ad space in their mags...

tried their online site and did bad so i didnt want to put the money into it..

Gay Journalist and erotic video producer.
    Itinerant photographer, now in Liverpool... and on Stripchat and Streamen and Chaturbate.
    CraigsList LA ad... Like the 3rd-4th time I've seen it in 2 years... They must go thru Editors like Randy Blue goes thru rubbers...

Editor In Chief - Cybersocket Magazine

Reply to: jobs@cybersocket.com
    Date: 2007-10-09, 4:33PM PDT

Cybersocket is the parent company of various GLBT Internet & print publications and communication services. We produce a leading search engine, several email newsletters, the nation’s largest circulation free gay print magazine, and the best selling annual guide to the GLBT Internet. We welcome all inquiries from Internet savvy individuals that are looking to achieve and or exceed their own goals and objectives.

Job Description:
    Work with publishers to plan 12 monthly issues of a national gay/lesbian print magazine. Manage writers, assign articles, edit copy, write reviews/articles, and participate in the production process until each issue is published. Put together copy for weekly email newsletters, updates on website, and other company projects as needed. Will also be responsible for editing the annual book/directory. Must be comfortable with gay and lesbian adult material. Must be genuinely interested in internet technology, pop-culture, and media.

Skills Required:
    Extremely organized & detail oriented
    Advanced written and oral communication skills
    Expertise using Microsoft Excel and Word
    Working knowledge of the Internet, email applications, Quark XPress
    Dreamweaver experience helpful
    Previous editorial experience with print publication is a plus.

Education: Some College Required
    Experience: 1 - 3 Years
    Terms of Job: Full Time

Benefits:
    - Domestic Partner Benefits
    - Medical Plan
    - Dental Plan
    - Non-Discrimination Policy

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbaer View Post
    They must go thru Editors like Randy Blue goes thru rubbers...
    :eek: Nick, you cheeky monkey. :cheekymonkey:
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Nick,

I hope he reads the boards before he applies.

Don,

You crack me up babe!

Oh, and one part of the job description:

"Must tell everyone we have an audited circulation of 70,000 whether we can prove it or not. Lemmings get the first interview."