Thread: AEBN Leased Feeds Slowness

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar

Angry AEBN Leased Feeds Slowness

I have talked to a couple of webmasters about the leased AEBN feeds and the problems with them right after the updates. I thought I might of been the only one but I guess this is normal. Right after the updates the speeds of the feeds are very unacceptable. I don't have this problem with any other feeds. I get numerous complaints from members and some even canceling because of this. A couple days ago I couldn't even watch a video because of the constant buffering and slowness, I tried it again and got the same result, as well as my friends. I think something needs to be done, as much as these feeds cost us our members should be getting a reasonable speed to view them. If you have these feeds please post your comments here because I guess according to other webmasters nothing has been done about this. I hate to bitch but I think if we are all having this problem and our members are complaining and canceling something should be done to your servers.

Thanks,
    Mark Erickson
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Tyler
    I love the fact that I make a fair amount of cash from AEBN's PPV which offsets the costs of the paysite movie feeds.
    Darren, Cynthia and others at AEBN are wonderful people but I, too, have been bitching about this same issue for months now.
    I have to deal with member complaints at the beginning of every month (communicating, buffering etc) and they're right, the movies are almost impossible to view.
    I'm not sure if it's a case of updates all at once and server overload, if it is, then I have suggested two remedies...
    One, spread the updates out, two, upgrade servers!
    I understand it's by BW and I'm not paying for what members don't see.
    This is fine on AEBN's end when they are maxed out but when member's are getting shut out and cancelling on my end it becomes an issue.

Darren Austin
    Mark,Tyler

This is not the standard for AEBN. Mark I am your account rep if you are having problems you are always welcome to come to me and I will resolve them,a webmaster board is not always the answer. Tyler, I am not sure who your rep is however the same applies to you, if you are having problems with AEBN products please come to Cynthia and or myself.
    ABEN prides itself in quality products and studios,I assure you if there is a problem we can help, all you have to do it come to us.

Thank you
    Darren Austin

Chris Alan
    I have seen many other video feed providers experience these same problems. My take is deal with your account representative direct,if there is a problem that need to be resolved. Do not expose the company on a public boards if all possible. If your not satisfied with the product then discontinue use of that company. Hanging out dirty laundry does not accomplish anything.

My $.02

CA

Dawgy
    Originally posted by Chris Alan
    I have seen many other video feed providers experience these same problems. My take is deal with your account representative direct,if there is a problem that need to be resolved. Do not expose the company on a public boards if all possible. If your not satisfied with the product then discontinue use of that company. Hanging out dirty laundry does not accomplish anything.

My $.02

CA
    bleh, if a company that im paying good money to has been contacted over and over about a problem, and the ignore it or refuse to fix it, im gonna tell everyone i know. mind you ill only tell facts, im not into mudslinging. thats just how it is in this business.

a lot of large companies get big, and then just slack off. ive seen it times & again. they get a god complex and think that it doesnt matter that their surfers cant see shit, because theyre still getting paid.

ill see your .02 & raise you .04 :fracais:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Chris Alan
    Good point Chris

To often webmasters forget that the first point of communication should be email, icq or, AIM with the company they have a grivance with fortunately, with AEBN they knew Darren was available to them here so they posted in the forum to let him know they needed to get hold of him.

To many webmasters would rather take all the issues they have direcly to the boards and start creating 'drama' for no other reason than the fact they can of course there are times when such posts are needed to give the companies involved a push especially when it starts costing the webmaster money.

Fortunately, the majority of the community members we have here would rather not create issues for companies in the public view but rather make them aware of the issues and try to resolve them amicably

Regards,

Lee

Tyler
    So what exactly is a board for? Communicating? I'm hardly airing dirty laundry I am replying to a relavant string about an ongoing issue I've had. Darren, my rep, has always been great with me but his company has never addressed my concerns about the feeds despite numerous attempts. I've initiated contact again and I'm sure we will resolve the issue.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Tyler
    So what exactly is a board for? Communicating? I'm hardly airing dirty laundry I am replying to a relavant string about an ongoing issue I've had. ..... I've initiated contact again and I'm sure we will resolve the issue.
    Tyler no one said you were airing your dirty laundry it was mentioned in a context that thanksfully most of our community members dont use and im sure your situation will be resoved amicably

I aree with you too, every time i have spoken to darren about various things from getting custom theatres made to accounting issues he has always been extremely helpful he is a true benefit to the AEBN family :groovy:

Regards,

Lee

Dawgy
    hmmm...

Mark & Tyler both said that they have contacted aebn numerous times over the months to get this fixed, and have been ignored. However some people apparently only read the parts of posts that allow them to argue and take jabs at others. I guess if you cant argue with something that someone says, its not worth replying to, eh?

Darren is a great guy & a great sales rep, and I'm sure he passed their problems on to the tech guys. But whoever is in charge of making sure that the technical shit at aebn is running properly is not doing their job. Their system needs serious upgrades to handle the continuing growth & demand, and they obviously arent willing to spend the money. I mean really, cold fusion? Thats a joke. But, I guess private planes & parties are more important than satisfied webmasters & surfers.

As for the feeds... speaking as a surfer and not a site owner, simply put, they suck ass - at the beginning of the month especially. A lot of members enjoy the payper view as well, however they won't try the ppv because they know that the feeds arent working, and the feeds come from the same place. So AEBN loses money on the bandwidth for feeds, and the PPV sales. The site owners are also losing big money on ppv & on members who cancel due to shitty content. But no one at aebn seems to care.

so, thats my thoughts on it.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I would like to clear up that I did email AEBN numerous times and got no response from them. I thought maybe I was the only one with problems with the feeds so I started talking to other webmasters that had the feeds and they had the same problem I was having. They had also contacted AEBN by phone, email etc but still nothing has been done for over a year. So as a final hope I posted here to hopefully resolve this problem for my company, my members and the other webmasters paying for the AEBN feeds and their members. I never wanted to create any drama or problems by posting on this board. For anyone that has met me they probably know me and know that I would never post just any problem on the boards. The feeds are awesome, just something needs to be done about the constant buffering and slowness of them during updates. The AEBN feeds are the only feeds I have this problem with and they are the most expensive feeds we have. When I have members canceling from this as well as other webmasters having the same problem I think something needs to be done. I get email after email with problems with the AEBN feeds so I did not know what else to do. I even had posted this and still not one of the webmasters I have talked to or myself have been contacted or anything posted here addressing this issue. Darren is awesome as well as the other people I have met but I think this needs to be dealt with at a higher level. So here we are at the boards after all other means have failed.

Thanks,
    Mark

Darren Austin
    Thank you to everyone who spoke highly of myself and Cynthia, we take great pride in taking care of our customers here at AEBN.
    I have stated this before but it bares repeating. This is not the AEBN standard and all measures possible are being taken to insure that this problem is fixed and resolved in a timely manner.
    I would like to deeply apologize to those who came forward on this board to express their feelings, good for you. Also to those who are looking at this thread and wish not to post.
    For those who have posted I would like to hear from you so please contact me and further action will be taken. I ASSURE YOU THAT THIS WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF.
    Thank you,
    Darren Austin
    Cell: 704-207-1933
    Office: 800-628-0241 ext 117

Just wanted to update everyone on this post. I spoke to Darren and they said they are going to take care of this problem. I am very glad things are going to be fixed and a big thank you to Darren and AEBN for taking care of this problem.

Thanks,
    Mark