Thread: Membership Sites & Visa

SebSloPro

Membership Sites & Visa

I have aprox. 100 sites within a network. By next summer we plan on doubling this perhaps even tripling this amount.

Our sites launched I would say on or around June of this year.

We were first with Verotel... I then went to CCBill, most of you know why we dropped CCBill, well many have already and are leaving CCBill and going to another, so I dont need to explain there. But anyways, we're now with Epoch. I've said it many times before, Epoch is awesome. Sometimes I have little problems with their support, but all else is good.

Anywhoo, I haven't accepted Visa. I accept everything BUT Visa. And the reason why is because you have to pay this outrageous $750.00 fee. And I won't lie... I'm cheap. My theory has always been that Visa will make money off of me anyways, so why should I pay them to accept their credit card or however that works.

But yet, I'm hearing from some people that not accepting Visa is hurting you, your losing memberships.
    Before I pay this $750 fee. Is it going to be worth it? Am I going to make my money back or a return?

I know many webmasters accept Visa, so I'm guessing so.

I guess what I'm asking here is it worth it to accept Visa? I want input before I go and pay the fee. I dont like to invest into anything unless I know for certain if I'm going to make money back.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    I just looked at our stats, and for the last 6 months, 61% of our customers paid with Visa.

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

almost 75% of our sales are visa. we don't take checks right now as not even 40% of them were clearing.

more info on visa: one site we promoted stopped taking visa and our sales went way down. also a friend of mine dropped visa and his sales dropped to just under half of what his site had been making before.

having visa won't make a tour that doesn't sell sell, but it will allow a tour that makes people want to join make significantly more sales.

SebSloPro
    :bigears: Okay, thats what I was asking.

If you have a bad tour, of course your not going to make money.

One rule of thumb that I learned is that once that visitor hits your site, you have less than 30 seconds to get him horny. Then once you have him horny, he's in. He's got to be hot into the site. Or she if it's a female.

I personally am not the best at building websites. I suck at it.
    But I develop them and then have my graphic / web-designer go in and make them better.

Anyways, you answered my questions. Thank you so much! :heart:

I guess we'll be paying visa to accept their fee VERY SOON! :smoke:

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    Even if you do 1 sale a day that $750 will make you a TON more very quick.

You are not being cheap you are costing your self money

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    we don't take checks right now as not even 40% of them were clearing.
    well heck! The nerve of them

SebSloPro
    Thank you everyone for your kindness and your inputs.

Also, I can say this.... About 1/4 of our memberships are ACH. You may want to use those.

Serving the adult and gay communities since 1998
    Without Visa, you are severely limiting your potential for sales and growth. They are the majority of credit card sales.

Also, ACH is a great option and if you are looking for inexpensive ACH processing we charge only 5% and 25¢ per transactions. Compare that to other companies in the industry.

Mitch

Mitch Farber / CEO / NETbilling, Inc.
    Email: mitch@netbilling.com / Phone: 888-357-8166 / 661-252-2456
    Credit card and ACH processing + 24/7 call center services with exceptional rates and flexibility.