Thread: Your Opinion Needed Please..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Your Opinion Needed Please..

How do you folks feel about not using all images within a specific content set?

For example, lets say i have a set of content that shows the model stripping and jerking off in its entirity with a cumshot as the last 10 images in the set, would you say it is justified to cut out the last 10 images of that set if all you want to show is a naked guy without the 'money shot' ?

Also, what do you think is the minimum amount of images to use fro each set if for example, a set of 50 pics has only 10 images that you can use for a specific niche? Should you only use those 10 pics or the entire set?

Would be interesting to hear your input on this.

Personally, i would say go with it, the more niche specific you can make a members the better however, on the other hand, playing devils advocate, it seems like a waste buying a full content set and only using part of it. Catch 22 for me.

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

Well I know I often cut out images that don't suit either the niche or the setting/mood I'm going after. Some sets have a 100 pics, and some are so close to one another, I do find I'm selecting the best ones to work up my galleries. Being able to say there's 10,000 pics on a site is nice and all, but if 8,000 all look pretty similar... as a surfer paying a site membership, I'd be pretty pissed off.

I also know you try to buy sets that fit more than one niche, so if you aren't using all 100 for a particular niche, chances are you'll use the rest of them for something else.

Like if I'm hunting a set that will work for me in the 4women, and it's a couple set and there's some cock sucking or cum shots, I won't use that particular part of the set on that site, but that same set will work on a straight site for guys... so, they all get used at some point. I guess the question is does the set have enough of the niche and quality you really want to legitimize the purchase in the first place.

Dzinerbear
    For me, I think it depends on the niche you're promoting. If you've got a site of foreskin play, for example, and you've got ten galleries, each with 100 pics. And let's say only 10 pictures of each set were of a guy playing with his foreskin.

Although the site has 1,000 pics, as a member, I'd be pissed off because most of them weren't dealing with the subject at hand, essentially only 100 would actually be showing foreskin play. And if you promoted the site as having 1,000 pics, I'd be expecting to see 1,000 pics of foreskin play.

However, if you were selling a site of uniformed guys having sex, I wouldn't be bothered to see a bunch of pictures of the guys out of uniform and having sex. Presumably the set will start off with uniformed guys fully clothed and proceed until they're mostly or totally naked and having sex. I wouldn't expect you to remove the fully naked pictures.

On my own site, I have a number of bareback galleries. However, inside there are all kinds of pictures of the guys doing all kinds of things leading up to bareback fucking. It never occurred to me that I should remove all of the kissing, j/o, and sucking pictures, leaving only the bareback fucking ones. And while some members might prefer that, I don't think most would expect it.

One way you might resolve the issue is to create your main gallery with the 10 foreskin play pics, and then, have a button that says, "Click here to see this complete set of pictures." But the challenge would be to somehow let the buyer know that they weren't buying 1,000 pictures of foreskin play, but there were 1,000 pictures available.

Whew! That was a mouthful.
    Dzinerbear
    Last edited by Dzinerbear; 05-10-2004 at 09:26 AM.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    I ALWAYS cutout the last images
    if they wanna see the jizz - PAY ME! :groovy:

lee - are you talking about using the sets in a paysite, on a gallery, a free site or an avs? i have different answers for each...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    All of the above Basschick

Primarily on a paysite but also AVS and free sites eventually too.

This is content we already own for the most part btw if that helps any

Regards,

Lee

If you already own it, then use what fits your niche. Michael had some very good points about when you'd use the entire set, and surfers would expect pics that didn't key in only on the niche ie: guys in uniform... and then when they would expect to see the majority of only the niche ie: foreskin play. I think the more specific a niche is, then yes, you need to concentrate on providing just that type of imagery.

on the one hand, i agree that your pics need to be niched fairly well. i don't think a set should have more than 10% - maybe 15% - pics that don't actually work the niche.

on the other hand, i don't think paysite customers will be thrilled to find a 10 pic set.

for galleries, i do 15 pics and i try and make all 15 the theme. i don't really care about getting the entire set in there, but i do like sticking with my niche. so on an uncut gallery, i try to have 15 pics showing the uncut cock in question. i *might* do a face only shot or one undressing shot, but only if there are not 15 good cock shots.

on avs sites, i try to have at least 24 pics per set. i have not had as good retention with less. actually i try and have over 30, but we do what we can with what we have ;-)

on free sites, that is the only place i might show a little more of the guy undressing and what have you - and less cumshot if it's there.

I agree with basschick, for free sites/avs/tgp galleries, its totally normal to only use a subset of the content, but for paysites people are paying to see the whole set.

cheers,
    Luke