Thread: What Does Private Health Care Have To Do With Free Speech?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Does Private Health Care Have To Do With Free Speech?

I think i must be missing the connection.

Why is the FSC trying to get discounted health insurance for its members, what on earth does that have to do with free speech?

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    My guess is that being able to offer group health insurance rates to members is a selling point for membership. SOOO, when someone asks "What do I get for my membership dues?" instead of saying "You get to be part of the good fight" then they say "We can actually provide you with a tangible benefit"

Or something like that.

I think it is a good idea, actually.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    BOOM SNAP! FSC seems like a good cause and they seem to be the major voice standing up for our industry.

Lee why do you dislike the FSC?
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    C'mon Lee,

You know the answer to that. All industry organizations try to offer membership benefits to their members. It's a way to increase members and a great way to help members save money on health insurance and many other products and services.

As you know, I used to be President of the Delaware Motor Transportation Association. We represented trucking companies located within the state of Delaware.

As part our our membership services, beyond our lobbying efforts to reduce mileage taxes, prevent toll road increases, road usage tax increases and other lobbying services, we offered our members savings on group health insurance, discounted phone cards, discounted subscriptions to industry related magazines, discounted prices on training material from various training organizations etc. etc. All good trade organizations do the same.

Bill

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Perhaps the FSC sees the value in beginning to reshape itself as an industry association rather than just a single-issue group. If so, I would welcome that change.

If our industry could find ways to work together and speak with a single voice on certain issues, there's a lot we could do. Imagine going to American Express (who doesn't process for adult) and saying "We can bring you X billion dollars of transactions a year, and we can show you that it's really pretty low risk" Or going to a large merchant and negotiating excellent rates for a group of adult webmasters. Or hiring a lobbyist to work on laws that protect children while not overly burdening webmasters?

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Perhaps the FSC sees the value in beginning to reshape itself as an industry association rather than just a single-issue group. If so, I would welcome that change.

If our industry could find ways to work together and speak with a single voice on certain issues, there's a lot we could do. Imagine going to American Express (who doesn't process for adult) and saying "We can bring you X billion dollars of transactions a year, and we can show you that it's really pretty low risk" Or going to a large merchant and negotiating excellent rates for a group of adult webmasters. Or hiring a lobbyist to work on laws that protect children while not overly burdening webmasters?
    Chip,

Under the leadership of Diane Duke, Ex. Dir. of the FSC, the FSC is going to be making a lot of very positive changes. I was fortunate to have meeting with her last week and she has some great ideas for the FSC and the industry. I think you are going to start seeing some very positive advances very soon. One that comes to mind is that they are meeting now trying to see what the FSC can do to fight the growing problem of internet piracy.

Bill