Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Many Times A Day Do You Check Your Email?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Many Times A Day Do You Check Your Email?

I just wondered if anyone else was an email junkie like me?

I think i check mine (when im at the computer) every 10-15 minutes or so and its always open on the task bar.

Does anyone else check their email as often or do you do it at set times during the day?

Regards,

Lee

I don't allow the email app to automatically check it at a set time, but I do compulsively check it throughout the day. If I'm focusing on a project I might go an hour or more without checking it, though. Since we work at home, if I'm away from my office I'll usually check it whenever I go to the bathroom.

For email junkies: I just started using Thunderbird 2.0 beta because it offers a limitless number of color-coded customizable tags to help organize your inbox. It really helps distinguish between what is top priority stuff and what isn't. I've got different tags for responding to fans, email requiring research, personal webmaster email, business opportunities, etc. I like it better than just sorting things into folders because you can keep everything in your inbox that still requires action and/or responses, but still sort it.
    Promote solo guy site TrixiesHouseboy.com!
    WebWhoreBucks

Oh, and I don't automatically respond to people. I think it's really inefficient to stop whatever I'm doing and write back for every little thing. I try to set aside a block of time to reply to a bunch of email at once rather than interrupting other stuff to do it one at a time throughout the day. I only reply to "emergencies" right away.
    Promote solo guy site TrixiesHouseboy.com!
    WebWhoreBucks

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    I used to check every half hour. Even before I got into this business.

Nothing irked me more than thinking I had mail only to discover a Yahoo advertisement in my box.

My mail is always open and Im using push email so the second I get an e-mail I know about it. I try to reply right away also, I can't stand having an unread email in my inbox

same here...i check every 5-10 minutes when I am sitting at my computer and always try to respond as soon as I get an email.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Every ten minutes when I am at the computer, i check and decide whether to reply or keep on doing what I am.. but every ten minutes...
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

marcjacob
    I just keep outlook express open, i think it checks every 2 minutes.

How long have you been gay?
    I am an absolute junkie. Sometimes, when I am in between things to do, I will sit there and constantly refresh my inbox.....I need help....

Board Whore
    I use gmail manager which is a firefox extension - all I have to do is mouseover a little icon which displays undread emails.

Saves me a ton of time.

I think my iPhone checks my email about once every 15 minutes. If I have something, my ass vibrates.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I check my email as often as I can during the day. Sometimes it's 15 minutes, sometimes an hour. I'm always so busy I do it when I'm able.

However, I must have done something wrong with my settings because when I get new email, Jasun's ass vibrates.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    However, I must have done something wrong with my settings because when I get new email, Jasun's ass vibrates.
    LMAO

I just spat coffee on the monitor reading that

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by DonMike View Post
    I check my email as often as I can during the day. Sometimes it's 15 minutes, sometimes an hour. I'm always so busy I do it when I'm able.

yeah, that reminds me...

Call Harlan. Something about a pair of handcuffs.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

"That which submits is not always weak" Kushiel's Avatar

Outlook

I have the fabulous MS Outlook.. which updates every minute, and has a little box that pops up in the lower right hand corner when I have mail.
    It's wonderful, since I can create folders and rules for incoming messages (dividing things into specific folders for specific people/studios/co-workers).

Generally, I keep it open to the "Unread Mail", since anything new gets sent there too, no matter what folder it's delegated to, and it stays there until I change folders. I also have the folder that has all the "marked for follow up" mails in there, so if I ever have things piling up, I just mark them, and I can get back to them when I get done with whatever I'm doing.

Since a lot of my time is spent trading mails back and forth, and on the phone with carious affiliates and studios, I can occasionally have about...er...20 emails open at a time that I'm working on...

So the answer is... I don't stop checking. :crazyeyes:
    "All things in moderation... even moderation itself.." B.F.