Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vote Gay In '08

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? Vote Gay In '08

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- A state legislator from southwest Washington resigned his seat Wednesday amid revelations that he had sex with a man he met at an erotic video store while in Spokane on a Republican retreat.

The move comes days after state Rep. Richard Curtis, R-La Center, insisted to his local newspaper that he was not gay and that sex was not involved in what he said was an extortion attempt by a man last week.

But in police reports Curtis alleges he was being extorted by a man he had sex with in a Spokane hotel room. The other man contends Curtis reneged on a promise to pay $1,000 for sex.

A Republican successor will be chosen by county Republican leaders, and will serve until the 2008 election.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/14473628/detail.html

Im seriously thinking about voting Republican in the '08 elections, it seems that really is 'our' party with all their gay members :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    $1000 for sex? Obviously he was not following the republican plank of financial conservatism. I am sure he could have found a better deal on rentboy.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Gay is the new Black
    Or he paid for a rentMan
    Be Who You Are!

marcjacob
    Just out of curiosity, are the Democrats particularly pro gay? I assume Lee is being sarcastic??

Dems are usually kind of gay friendly or neutral, which is much better than the anti-gay repubs
    Some Dems are really pro gay and there are even a few repubs that buck the stereotype, but a gay republican office holder is almost like a jewish member of the nazi party.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

marcjacob
    So do most gay people vote Democrat, are the Republicans that hated in the Gay community? I reckon it was like that with our Conservative Party but i think Lee quite liked Thatcher (sure i read that some time).

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    So do most gay people vote Democrat.
    Because they are told to. Or if you read many of the political threads...

"Equal rights for everyone"

"All republicans should die"

"Looser Republicans" <- this one I love because I assume they mean loser. So I picture power bottoms in office when they mean to say "a person that is either unpopular, unsuccessful, or unlikable." aka: Loser

Being anti-republican is trendy and if you're gay... you can only call yourself that if you have a democrat voters card. Or at least act like you do in public.
    Be Who You Are!

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    I'll gladly take the politics of humanity, equal rights, and yes, even neutrality over the politics of religious fervor demanding the world see things through their eyes and adhere to their closed minded view of the world, or the politics of a party that makes an anti gay agenda part of it's national platform. Many gay people vote Democratic because it is the party of some hope or at least, a lesser chance of being vilified for their lifestyles, and to many, their lifestyle is all that matters.

It's really a shame that the Republican party has allowed itself to be hijacked by religious idealists ... they actually do have a few good ideas... they just need to learn tolerance and quit trying to fit everyone into a mold.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    It's really a shame that the Republican party has allowed itself to be hijacked by religious idealists ... they actually do have a few good ideas... they just need to learn tolerance and quit trying to fit everyone into a mold.
    I agree with you Tom, the Republican party, in its current state ISNT the 'actual' Republican party.

Im all for making money and the rest of that stuff but when religion gets involved it tends to fuck everything up.

Regards,

Lee

Until the Goldwater-style republicans take back the party, the ideal party for me is the Libertarian party. Until the Libertarians can win an election, I tend to vote for the Democrat. They provide the best electable candidates. in my opinion.

At least when Clinton was president, obscenity prosecutions took a back seat to child pron prosecutions, the economy was healthy, our military was not immersed in an unconstitutional quagmire, and the rest of the world mostly liked Americans.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    $1000 for sex? Obviously he was not following the republican plank of financial conservatism. I am sure he could have found a better deal on rentboy.

Being in Seattle I got to say that the Eastern side of Washington state is, well..er um...sort of like the South!

And I've seen the "boy" in question, and he looked like a dimwit answering reporter questions on tv. Plus, ain't no way that boy was worth anything close to $1000! ugh! The legislator must have been pretty drunk!

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    So do most gay people vote Democrat, are the Republicans that hated in the Gay community?

YES! Or for the most part. There are the "Log Cabin Republicans"..gays who support Republicans. Have never never understood them.

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    Until the Libertarians can win an election, I tend to vote for the Democrat
    Thats the problem smaller parties have though. If enough people say that, they will never grow and never take office.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Im all for making money and the rest of that stuff but when religion gets involved it tends to fuck everything up.
    I agree.

It's also a red flag when a party moves to amend the constitution to take away basic rights, whoever that party might be
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Quote Originally Posted by IdolKnights View Post
    Because they are told to.
    Yes you know the Gay community well... we are all so good at doing what we're told :innocent:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com