Thread: Paysite Conversion Ratios

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar

Paysite Conversion Ratios

How long does a new paysite typically stay at it's best conversion ratios...?

We're experiencing some pretty impressive numbers on our newest site and they seem farily consistent since the site launch so i'm just wondering what everyone else's experience is with the time frame before these numbers start to soften.

marcjacob
    I was told 5000 hits. Thats as an affiliate but i see no reason why it should be different.

I was advised by a few people that ratios become reliable after about 5k unique first page.

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    I was told 5000 hits. Thats as an affiliate but i see no reason why it should be different.

I was advised by a few people that ratios become reliable after about 5k unique first page.
    I think i misunderstood the question actually Sorry Tom

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Tom,

Thats like asking how long a piece of string is buddy.

There are just so many variables, including the niche, type of tour, source of traffic, whether its part of an affiliate programs offering, etc, etc...

I know some sponsors that havent changed their top converting paysites in years likewise, i know some sponsors that are always changing their paysite tours because of over-exposure lending itself towards lower conversions.

Regards,

Lee

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Tom,

Thats like asking how long a piece of string is buddy.

There are just so many variables, including the niche, type of tour, source of traffic, whether its part of an affiliate programs offering, etc, etc...

I know some sponsors that havent changed their top converting paysites in years likewise, i know some sponsors that are always changing their paysite tours because of over-exposure lending itself towards lower conversions.

Regards,

Lee
    Yes, agree, and I understand all that...

The question was based upon the fact that anything new sells better...at least for a while... providing it sells at all and usually this newness gives a site it's best conversion ratios. But assuming all things stay even with the site, there is typically a point where the novelty of the new site wears off and it settles to a more long term conversion ratio.... and my question was to that.