Thread: Hosted Free Sites And Recip Links... Should They Have Them?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Hosted Free Sites And Recip Links... Should They Have Them?

I wondered what you folks thought about this, do you think it is 'fair' for hosted free sites, that you use as an affiliate, to have recip links on them, just like regular looking free sites would?

I am kind of torn on this myself, on one hand, i can understand why the sponsor would want to do this and also how it could potentially help the affiliate make a sale by not making it 'look' like a hosted free site but, on the other hand, i can also see how it could be construed as trying to 'cheat' the affiliate out of traffic.

As a side note, what if the recip links were to 'hosted' link lists owned by the sponsor that carried your affiliate ID through them, would you still have/not have problems with the recips being on the hosted free sites index page?

Regards,

Lee

no, hosted free sites should not have recips on them as those are traffic leaks. even if my i.d. carried through all the sites, i want my targeted traffic to make it to the site i'm promoting.

:yeah:

Any free site that is a marketing tool should only do one thing - promote the site it's selling, without leaks or link trades on it.

marcjacob
    If it carried my aff code i wouldnt mind but i would say to offer both with and without recips. It could be usefull, depends why your using them.