Thread: How To Turn Off Un-Used Processes?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How To Turn Off Un-Used Processes?

When i hit CTRL+ALT+DEL to see what processes are running on my laptop there are quite a few there that arent actually being used all the time and i wondered if anyone knew how i could go about turning some of these off to speed my machine up a little more?

Do i need to install some software to do it or is this something that can be done by hand and have the configuration saved so that i dont need to do it the next time my laptop reboots?

Regards,

Lee

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Try This that gives some basic info on start up processes. :signhere:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Meant to be Obscene, not Heard. HotMaleVideos's Avatar
    Start > Run > type in "msconfig" (no quotes).

Check under the 'Startup' and 'Services' tabs. That's where the culprits are. You don't wanna mess with anything else.

To be safe, any programs or services you can't identify or anything marked as being from Microsoft, should most likely be left alone. If you can identify what they are by their file name, file location, or Service name, and you know you don't want them running all the time, you can unselect them.

Typical culprits for me are the itunes helper, Real media player, Adobe Acrobat reader, CD burning software, webcam/mouse/keyboard software, Messenger programs...

Removing these things stop them from loading at bootup, but unless you're low on RAM, you might not really see much of a tangible performance gain. But I like knowing that my bootup is clean and efficient nonetheless.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Control Panel then Administrative Functions then Services

Not all will go away since some processes are in the same .exe you see in Task Manager

Make sure you write down what you turn off just in case something breaks.