Thread: Do you hide anything?

Gay is the new Black

Do you hide anything?

Are there projects you don't post about? Or tell people about?

I know I have 3 or 4 projects running in the background that I have never posted about on here, and may never post about and it made me think, how many others do the same.

My personal reason is because I have said the smallest things in passing and days later, they have been taken and run with by other users. I take most forum talk as public domain in terms of, once you say it, people will use it as if it was posted for their personal research and development.
    Be Who You Are!

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    part of the GWW experience is sharing!...tell me everything Idolknights

if we kept everything to ourselves there wouldn't be much use for boards/forums/etc. to discuss idea's and although it's open to the public that doesn't mean your idea has to be. ( interpreted: i am available for messaging. )
    there's not much I hide , usually by talking with other photographer's about an idea I gain more insight into something I may have over-looked and/or not thought about. ( interpreted: photographer's like artists paint with different brushes and although the subject may be common the end result will vary. )

sincerely ~ ..."call me" - deborah harry

Gay is the new Black
    Quote Originally Posted by deborah harry View Post
    part of the GWW experience is sharing!...
    And I get that.

photographer's like artists paint with different brushes and although the subject may be common the end result will vary. )
    But unlike photographers/painters (both artists)... the "forum experience" over time and review comes to more of a "take" experience. No real exchange as a whole.
    Be Who You Are!

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    There was a time way back in ancient days, when yeah I did share ideas, concepts, and experiences. Maybe it was being naive, or maybe it was because there was more respect for others or something. Today, no, for many reasons.

Mostly I think because the integrity is not as important to many of the 'newer' webmasters. But just a personal take.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman View Post
    There was a time way back in ancient days, when yeah I did share ideas, concepts, and experiences. Maybe it was being naive, or maybe it was because there was more respect for others or something. Today, no, for many reasons.

Mostly I think because the integrity is not as important to many of the 'newer' webmasters. But just a personal take.
    I agree and i feel pretty much the same way as you do right now.

It used to be, if i had an idea for a new site i would ask about it on the boards, or in private, and get peoples input on how it could be improved these days im finding the amount of people i actually 'trust' talking to about business ideas getting a lot smaller.

Regards,

Lee

Think big. Shoot hard.

It's the "newer" webmasters that I don't worry about. Integrity in general has taken a nose dive.

Like Lee, I have a group that I can trust and they trust me. That to me is very important and many times keeps me sane.

However, In some cases IF you know your idea is new and fresh and others will copy it, but you know you can be the BEST, it maybe a good idea to get them to brand the concept and you reap the rewards.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    It's the "newer" webmasters that I don't worry about. Integrity in general has taken a nose dive.

Like Lee, I have a group that I can trust and they trust me. That to me is very important and many times keeps me sane.

However, In some cases IF you know your idea is new and fresh and others will copy it, but you know you can be the BEST, it maybe a good idea to get them to brand the concept and you reap the rewards.
    See that is where I'll disagree. To me, the 'newer' breed are less steeped in old fashioned ideals, such as integrity, or honesty for that matter. Instead they are searching for ways to cut corners, at the expense of others, without a thought about it. Yes, older ones are doing it too, but I think it is more of a sense of them trying to compete, with the new breed.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Think big. Shoot hard.
    See that is where I'll disagree. To me, the 'newer' breed are less steeped in old fashioned ideals, such as integrity, or honesty for that matter. Instead they are searching for ways to cut corners, at the expense of others, without a thought about it.
    I agree. But nine out of ten times they fuck it up and you can learn a bit from their mistakes.

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    I don't share everything that I am working on. Why should I have to? This is a big huge internet, and I am sure that Target and Walmart aren't sharing ideas that they have with each other. This is a business. While some things, I will share with people, and others I don't, that is my right as each person on this board has that same right.
    ICQ# 200-385-093

To me, the 'newer' breed are less steeped in old fashioned ideals, such as integrity, or honesty for that matter. Instead they are searching for ways to cut corners, at the expense of others, without a thought about it.
    I agree. When I started it was all about creating and contributing to the net, a new medium. People starting now usually started by accessing a vast range of content, and usually for free, wondering how they could turn it around for a quick buck, then wondering why it's not working, after asking publicly for advice that they usually don't follow.

Nowadays I, like others, don't share as much publicly for the same reasons others have stated in this thread. So many lurkers who never post while gleaning from the time and effort we put into the "community". The good news is there are a lot of good people out there, when you get to know and work with them privately, with good intentions and the ability to make a good living :thumbsup:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    This is a business.
    That's it. And there are plenty of people who wouldn't DREAM of appropriating someone's ideas and whatnot, there are others who would in a heartbeat. Just the way things are.