Thread: a couple of blog questions

Looking for content ;)

a couple of blog questions

i am looking into finally getting my blog up and running and was wondering what kind of blog ping services to setup so as to notify "the world" that my blog has been updated..

also a list of adult friendly blog list directories that would be worth the time to submit to..

also if you have a kills list of plugins that are a must have please list them..

i hope i am not going over something that has been posted to death here but if i am i am sorry in advance..

Globofun
    I tried answering but since I'm new here I cannot post links

I have sent you a PM, but again......the PM doesn't appear in my sent boxe!

WTF!

Looking for content ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Globofun View Post
    I tried answering but since I'm new here I cannot post links

I have sent you a PM, but again......the PM doesn't appear in my sent boxe!

WTF!
    hehe it got to me anyhoot.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    You can this handy little Submit Tool for Blogs. As to plugins, for wordpress? or? :innocent:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Looking for content ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaystoryman View Post
    You can this handy little Submit Tool for Blogs. As to plugins, for wordpress? or? :innocent:
    thanx, will check that out and yes for wordpress..

Think big. Shoot hard.
    GSM got me hooked on ALL IN ONE SEO PACK. You also need spam karma.

http://unknowngenius.com/blog/wordpress/spam-karma/
    http://wp.uberdose.com/2007/03/24/all-in-one-seo-pack/

Also a tagging plugin and a cloud widget.

I also like WP users online.
    http://lesterchan.net/wordpress/read...seronline.html

I would also recommend a video plugin if you plan on embedding flash movies from some of the social net sites.

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Good stats program helps as well. I use three or four, depending on the blog, but two I really love are

Firestats

Slimstats is another, but I'll have to try to dig out the URL for this one... can't find it off hand... but it is great, as it shows feeds, referrals, whois info you can check, plus country id's. and IPs of course.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Looking for content ;)
    great guys.. thanx..

I highly recommend getting a copy of BlogsOrganizer, this one script will provide you with a boat load of tools and will make your blogging life a lot easier. You can one or hundreds of blogs from the one interface, and it allows integrating RSS feeds (with features like word-replacements, auto-headers, auto-footers, word auto-linking, etc), auto-pinging, auto-posting, auto-reposting and lots more. It does all this with your hosted blogs and freehosted blogs.

Looking for content ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    I highly recommend getting a copy of BlogsOrganizer, this one script will provide you with a boat load of tools and will make your blogging life a lot easier. You can one or hundreds of blogs from the one interface, and it allows integrating RSS feeds (with features like word-replacements, auto-headers, auto-footers, word auto-linking, etc), auto-pinging, auto-posting, auto-reposting and lots more. It does all this with your hosted blogs and freehosted blogs.
    does it run online or is it a desktop program ?

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. Northstar's Avatar
    You can submit your blogs to our new gay blog categories.

maledirectory.com
    gaysexbot.com

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    does it run online or is it a desktop program ?
    Online. You install it on one 'main' domain and then use it to run all your blogs. For running your other blogs, you upload a set of about 10 files (which it generates) and those files use htaccess and php to pull the pages / posts / css / etc from your main domain. It also works with any existing blogs, WP or other type of blogs, freehosted blogs, etc - by using their remote posting facilities.

While this is a new site, and I'm still fleshing it out, you may find some of what's there helpful: www.adultblogbuilder.com ... and I definately recommend the Blog Organizer that Luke beat me to mentioning With some practice, you can literally have a new blog up and running in an hour, complete with theme, rss feeds, sidebar ads, blog trades, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    While this is a new site, and I'm still fleshing it out, you may find some of what's there helpful: www.adultblogbuilder.com ... and I definately recommend the Blog Organizer that Luke beat me to mentioning With some practice, you can literally have a new blog up and running in an hour, complete with theme, rss feeds, sidebar ads, blog trades, etc.
    It takes me approx 45 minutes to create a new blog which is fully automated that I never have to touch again. The longest part for me is designing it to look pretty. If I took out that step, it takes less than 1/2 that time.