Thread: What an idiot.

What an idiot.

ok, so the owner of http://thebluesheet.thumblogger.com/home/ is not only posting pirated movies, he's joined affiliate programs.

Not sure what the point is, but owners of the VAST amount of stolen content on there should be warned and the owners of the affiliate program might want to not only cancel his accounts but let us know his name and address so we can go after him.

Bueller? Bueller?
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

I said Cha Cha Heels... Black Ones!!!
    Jasun,

Looks like he is promoting Randy Blue throught Blue Loot, you should contact them and see if they have his Address information. I sent a email to Thumbblogger letting them know about this asshole.
    Chris
    chris@buzzwest.com

BuzzWestCash - Featuring The Hottest Military Men On The Net

Refer an Affiliate and Earn 10% On All Of Their Sales - Sign Up Today!

Yeah, I like his "I'm not out to screw anyone.. let me know if this infringes your copy right" as if he just thought those movies manifested out of anywhere.

He even copied my description off the site.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Maybe I'm an optimist, but this guy seems different than your usual blog that gives away free stuff. I honestly wonder if he simply doesn't know better.

None of the other pirate blogs I've seen are part of so many different affiliate programs, nor do they have a contact page where you can request to remove your content. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way saying he's right. I'm just saying that, as an industry, when we see a blog with our content on it we all want to get our torches and start storming the castle. Now, someone who has nothing but pirated content is not going to usually sign up for an affiliate program, so courting those types is most likely a waste of time. However, someone who's gone to great lengths to build a decent blog and sign up for affiliate programs might be trying to find an entrance way into the business. One of the greatest things I've learned working for customer service companies before I got into adult is to try to see a given situation through the other person's eyes. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

So here's the situation. We are sending him an email explaining the situation, asking him to remove any unlicensed content from his blog. I explained how that content hurts the business and will cause his blog to be closed down. Give it a day or so and see what happens. I figure it this way. If you attack him with cease and desist letters you can get his blog shut down. End of story. But, give him a chance and he might end up being a valuable affiliate. Again, if it was just your run of the mill pirate blog, I'd say screw 'em. But he's already come half way. And if he chooses not to comply we will be removing him from our affiliate program. While I try to be a nice guy and be optimistic, I will NOT support anyone who pirates content.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzWestChris View Post
    Jasun,

Looks like he is promoting Randy Blue throught Blue Loot, you should contact them and see if they have his Address information. I sent a email to Thumbblogger letting them know about this asshole.
    Anyone here can contact this guy through his blog. While I don't condone piracy of any form, I cannot in good faith give out any information given to us confidentially by an affiliate. Would any of you do the same?

As I said, if he doesn't comply we'll cancel his account and I will notify thumblogger.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com