Thread: Attacks

mansites-craig

Attacks

Hi Everyone,
    Not sure you were even aware, but for the last few weeks a group has been targeting large sites, with Denial of Service attacks. These DDoS attacks take the site down by flooding it with so much traffic, surfers can't get in. At it's peak, they were sending close to 100 megs of traffic per second, for hours and even days.

Several sites with different owners were hit hard, including Sexkey.com and Mansites.com

Alot of sites that are down now are due to the attacks. We wanted to make you aware of the situation, and to let you know that we are proud to say we are back up and running and with the great effort of our techs, we are going to stay up permanently. They have worked on a solution for these attacks and we feel confident that they cannot happen again.

While we do not know who is behind the attacks, or their motivation, we have to assume that it is an industry issue. We were never contacted, so it wasn't money, nor would we pay if it was.

So I would like to thank the webmasters that hung tough with us through these last two weeks, and to let them know we will be coming up with ways to make up the lost revenues for everyone. I will post here tomorrow a few of these.

Should anyone have any questions, or need any information, you can reach me at craig@mansites.com or icq 131247490

Craig Tant
    Mansites.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Thanks for letting us know Craig

Hope you dont mind but im going to sticky this for a while so more people get to see whats happening and that you guys are trying to resolve the issue

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    I'd noticed overnight that iBill was down, as well. Their site, their CMI area, referral links to iBill sites not working. For about an hour or so. Which I thought was very odd as a network like iBill would have redundant systems so that normal server issues and such wouldn't interrupt processes. But a DoS attack could override even those redundant systems. Wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    Congrats to you and the crew for being trimuphant (knock wood, sage the room and throw salt over your shoulder) over these rascals. I hope their machine all get the Sasser worms and then they are caught and sent to Abu Ghraib prison.
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

RainGurl
    sorry to hear that, craig. glad things are back up and running!

AusCoding Allan
    We run legitimate businesses, why can't people just leave us alone and let us run those businesses, would you mind sharing how you managed to overcome these attacks so I can add it to my be prepared box (I understand if you want to do so by PM)?

Cheers,

Allan

Craig, yes I noticed your sites were having issues and have been monitoring your board closely over the last couple of weeks. Thanks for the updates.

cheers,
    Luke