Thread: How To Do Large Quality Prints From Photos?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How To Do Large Quality Prints From Photos?

As some of you may recall, mom is looking to get a small photo store setup and she wants to offer prints of some of her images but she (and i) have no idea how we would go about doing that, does anyone here know?

Basically, she wants to take her digital camera, take a picture and have maybe a 1x3ft print made of certain images that dont look all grainy and crappy.

How is this done?

Regards,

Lee

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    seek an adult printing service but also have a good quality digital camera ( interpreted: makeup is made to enhance beauty , not make it! )
    if you have the time there are some very good quality photo printing machines but if you plan on producing these prints in high volume ( postcards ) these machines are not built for commercial use. ( interpreted: been there , done that , and still had to seek an adult printing service. )

jim

the ability to print larger pics so that they look good is mostly about the quality of the original pic. most regular digicams cannot take a pic that is both large enough and good enough quality to make a larger print without it being either grainy, blurred or both.

the bottom line - if your mom's camera is a good camera, and if she shoots at the large/fine setting, she can probably get a large print made anywhere. if her camera isn't that good, she'll probably need a better camera.

raunchpups kennel a pup's adventure

just an addition to all that

be sure that if you are working on making the digi-image
    its best work in the RAW format
    so if the camera doesnt allow for raw you are gonna get grain
    you want true raw format not raw-jpeg
    raunchpup

i've seen 8+ megapixel jpgs that could be used for a 36 inch print and i've seen raw images that have noise (grain). in fact, check out raws shot in less than optimal light from many olympus dslrs and you'll see some grain.

Quote Originally Posted by raunchpup View Post
    be sure that if you are working on making the digi-image
    its best work in the RAW format
    so if the camera doesnt allow for raw you are gonna get grain
    you want true raw format not raw-jpeg
    raunchpup

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Kinkos will actually output adult images at excellent quality on their banner printer and their pricing is (in most markets) pretty competitive. I've seen between $5 and $7 per square foot on regular paper, a few bucks higher on vinyl, Lexan, or the other materials they offer.

There are also a bunch of low-cost banner printers that advertise in the back of Popular Photography that are a fair amount less than Kinkos, but I don't know how many of them handle adult.

raunchpups kennel a pup's adventure

raw

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i've seen 8+ megapixel jpgs that could be used for a 36 inch print and i've seen raw images that have noise (grain). in fact, check out raws shot in less than optimal light from many olympus dslrs and you'll see some grain.
    what i am getting at is in raw you will have less loss of image information captured by the camera
    yes of course there will be some grain but at least in raw you can eliminate a lot of it. because there is more data to work with the draw back is it size