Thread: Launching Affiliate Site

REAL JOCKS FUCK

Launching Affiliate Site

Hi guys,

I am launching an affiliate site with a range of tools including hosted galleries. I want to get some advice and guidance from the people who may be using it. What kind of features do you like? what don’t you like? I am designing it so you have to log in to access the recourses.

Also, any advise on revenue share amounts? Or pay per sign up amounts? I just want to start a discussion on what you guys like and don’t with affiliate sites.

Programming Mastermind
    My advice is start with what you know best. Show confidence and do what you can well from the beginning. Once you get going then you can add more features to your program. I would say in general revshare is rarely used or I would say roughly maybe 90/10 pps/revshare.

Most common amounts are 50/50 or 60/40 revshare. I would concentrate on hosted free sites myself over hosted galleries as link list sites are typically going to provide you better traffic. If your site has custom/exclusive content give some of that to the affiliates to promote.

PPS will be based on what you need to survive as a company. How much your signups are, how good your retention is etc. As far as logging in for resources that is up to you, but the easier the better imho. Loggin in and getting links with your affiliate code is easier than substituting like XXXX with your affiliate code.

The rest you are probably going to have to learn on your own as your site grows. Each site, niche, etc., is different.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidMaX View Post

PPS will be based on what you need to survive as a company. How much your signups are, how good your retention is etc.
    Those are actually a very small percentage of what PPS is all about. If one comes in the market with limited knowledge about PPS you will get eaten alive.

Factors in PPS -

Xsells.
    Exit.
    Email addresses (both collected from the signup form and from past members). Each has a different value btw.
    Upsells.
    Whales w/ good traffic
    Retention

Oh, there are others. But there are some very successful PPS programs that retain like shit, and some very not so successful ones that retain very well. It's really a numbers game.

Programming Mastermind
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    Those are actually a very small percentage of what PPS is all about. If one comes in the market with limited knowledge about PPS you will get eaten alive.

Factors in PPS -

Xsells.
    Exit.
    Email addresses (both collected from the signup form and from past members). Each has a different value btw.
    Upsells.
    Whales w/ good traffic
    Retention

Oh, there are others. But there are some very successful PPS programs that retain like shit, and some very not so successful ones that retain very well. It's really a numbers game.
    I agree, but retention it > than exits, xsells etc imho. Anyhow I was just giving the basics. Honestly to me, I think they need to do a lot more research before they start the program. This is stuff they should know the ins/outs of before launching a site or program.

REAL JOCKS FUCK
    My advice is start with what you know best. I would say in general revshare is rarely used or I would say roughly maybe 90/10 pps/revshare.
    Im surprised by this...I always thought most sites used revenue share. At least the really high profile exclusive content sites like sean cody, corbin fisher.

REAL JOCKS FUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post

Factors in PPS -

Xsells.
    Exit.
    Upsells.
    Whales w/ good traffic
    Retention
    Wow, this is a lot to consider. I have a lot of research to do. But I think revenue share is a safe start point.

Programming Mastermind
    Quote Originally Posted by Club Jeremy Hall View Post
    Im surprised by this...I always thought most sites used revenue share. At least the really high profile exclusive content sites like sean cody, corbin fisher.
    Most sites offer it, but few affiliates use it. Most affiliates want the $35 per signup or whatever you are paying out as opposed to relying on you to have a site that retains members and makes them money.

blah blah blah...
    in my opinion, if you're offering high-quality exclusive content, then rev-share will work great. savvy webmasters know god content when they see it and they'll pick you up very fast. then your main focus will be keeping up your retention and everyone will be happy i think a 50/50 model is fair and affiliates are ok with that (if you're confident in your content and know that it's worth it)

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Most sites offer it, but few affiliates use it. Most affiliates want the $35 per signup or whatever you are paying out as opposed to relying on you to have a site that retains members and makes them money.
    In the straight side of the business that is true however, more gay webmasters typically go for revshare in my experience because they only promote the sites they know will sell and retain on their traffic sources.

That isnt to say a lot of gay marketers dont use PPS to generate income but, as has already been mentioned, with the right mix of content, design and traffic a revshare program can be as, if not more profitable for a program owner and the programs affiliates than PPS.

Regards,

Lee