Thread: My first 10 FHG, wadaya think??

skaterkid9

My first 10 FHG, wadaya think??

Hey everyone, I just put together my first ten FHG's and need some input in case I missed something. I don't have much experience in this area so any help is appreciated.

http://www.skaterkid9.com/FHG/FHG-1-10/index.html

Thanks guys!

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Truth > The color seems off on most of the pics, either cloudy or has a purple gray tint to them... don't think its my computer, but hey it could be. Using firefox too.

Other thing is that in looking at the galleries, not all, but half, the majority weren't showing any undies... and as that is the niche.. would think that there would be more underwear shots in them. Yes, did see a few with that, but others had no underwear shots.

but hey, just my pennies worth
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

raunchpups kennel a pup's adventure

have to agree with storyman

the images are either overlit or way off on color
    my suggestion would be to take more time with fixing your contrasts and colors of images and be sure to have more undies pics thats what i like most about your site is the underwear way sexy
    maybe just a few images of skin
    just my 2 cents
    raunchpup

Making Pain Pay!
    Just a guess, but were the pics taken with a webcam? THe color seemed off. Maybe if they were webcam you should mention that. Otherwise, I also think there should have been a lot more underwear.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

How long have you been gay?
    yep the quality of your pics are too low.

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar
    One more thing...your 2257 info is not right. You can not use a mail box for that purpose. It must be the physical address where the records are at.

I would recommend upgrading your webcam and experimenting with lighting to get sharper images with good color balance.

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

skaterkid9
    Hi Guys, Thanks for all the input!

Your right, the pictures are webcam pics, but galleries 7-10 are digital camcorder pics pulled in through an outdated graphics card. In all cases the color and contrast are way off, but due to the gear I have to work with I don't know how much better the stills can be, but I'll try.

I didn't realize (till now) the extent that people think of my site as an underwear fetish site. I know it's called Chris's Underwear Club, but I named it that because of why I started the site, and not because of its overall theme, per say.
    Now that I see my site through other people's eyes I find myself in a quandary...
    I feel my strongest content is my home movies. These movies are solo jerk off movies that feature my underwear collection, but the focus is on jerking off, not the underwear.

What to do...

Should I rename my website?
    Should I make free hosted video galleries instead?
    Should I make my mild interest in underwear the dominant theme for the site?
    <Head spinning>

MiamiB - I feel my 2257 is valid as I am the only model on my site, the mail service that owns box has my info on file, and keeps regular office hours as required by the fed.
    Thank you for your concern and for trying to keep me out of trouble.:shithitfan:

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skaterkid9 View Post
    Hi Guys, Thanks for all the input!

Your right, the pictures are webcam pics, but galleries 7-10 are digital camcorder pics pulled in through an outdated graphics card. In all cases the color and contrast are way off, but due to the gear I have to work with I don't know how much better the stills can be, but I'll try.

I didn't realize (till now) the extent that people think of my site as an underwear fetish site. I know it's called Chris's Underwear Club, but I named it that because of why I started the site, and not because of its overall theme, per say.
    Now that I see my site through other people's eyes I find myself in a quandary...
    I feel my strongest content is my home movies. These movies are solo jerk off movies that feature my underwear collection, but the focus is on jerking off, not the underwear.

What to do...

Should I rename my website?
    Should I make free hosted video galleries instead?
    Should I make my mild interest in underwear the dominant theme for the site?
    <Head spinning>

MiamiB - I feel my 2257 is valid as I am the only model on my site, the mail service that owns box has my info on file, and keeps regular office hours as required by the fed.
    Thank you for your concern and for trying to keep me out of trouble.:shithitfan:
    Personally I wouldn't rename the site, but I would add more underwear teasers to both the tour, the galleries, and to the member's area. In short, jerking off and all that is nice, but a dime a dozen too. The sex appeal of well hung guys in underwear is a good one, and worth exploiting. If you have a good collection, why not exploit it, and keep the name.

If those are the best stills, then yes go for movie clips instead, assuming the video quality is good, unlike the stills.

Only model or not, I'd check with a lawyer to make sure it's legal. Maybe Chadknowslaw will stop by and give you a quick answer, but from I have seen, a PO Box isn't valid, no matter the explanation. But I am not a lawyer, and there are penalties involved for not following the regs, so I'd be triple sure its safe.

my pennies worth
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by skaterkid9 View Post
    I am the only model on my site, the mail service that owns box has my info on file, and keeps regular office hours as required by the fed.
    I doubt any lawyer would tell you this is ok. Agent Joyner (Spelling?) with the FBI specifically mentioned in an XBiz interview a while back that this was NOT an ok practice, and that the 2257 had to be a physical address where the records are being kept.

But, I am not a lawyer...
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

skaterkid9
    It's not a Post Office Box, it's a private mail service, with an office, file cabinets, and a full time staff ready to give out my information to any fed who asks. I also have a great civil lawyer who will gladly go after any overly aggressive government official.

I like what you have to say about the underwear, and yes, the video quality is good, so I will probably take your advice and ditch the FHG idea. Movies are my favorite media to work in anyway.

How long and how many clips are typical for a free hosted movie page for a site like mine?

Thank you very much for the time and attention you have given me! XOXO

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Chris,

IF Rent-a-Mailbox Hollywood is actually acting as your custodian of records, meaning that they actually hold your records, in a file cabinet separate from any other business records, and they have full cross-reference on file to every URL where one of your explicit images appears as required in the regulations, and the named custodian who is responsible for the records actually maintains an office at the location, then you are in compliance with 2257.

If not, you are not in compliance with the law, and if your attorney told you that you are, you should get another attorney. Since it is a 5 year jail sentence for failure to comply, it's not something I'd want to fuck around with.

A civil attorney is not what you want. You really want someone who *specializes* in adult industry and First Amendment issues. (By "specialize", I mean the majority of his/her clients are adult industry people and the majority of his/her billings are in adult-related issues, not someone who claims they are knowledgeable.) This is an exceptionally complex area of law that very, very few attorneys understand, even though there are many that claim they do, and they give terrible advice in the process. You wouldn't believe the things I've heard people say their attorneys told them were OK. And while it's nice to say that your attorney will "gladly go after any official," I hope you realize that is a $100,000 proposition (if you're talking about the Feds, the only people likely to care), and that's if you win the first round.

On the subject of your site, I would strongly suggest adding lots of underwear play, suggestive images/poses/videos of you playing with your dick while wearing the underwear... that is a HUGE fetish that is terribly underserved. Marketed properly, it should do well. Keep the j/o stuff for sure, that way you can sell to both the underwear fetish audience and still have something for the guys who like the idea of a self-run solo site.

Also, if you're seriously seeking affiliates, you really need to pony up the $750 and get your Visa approval with CCBill. Affiliates will not be happy with a join page that offers a biller for whom they don't get credit for traffic they send, nor will they be happy with a biller that doesn't accept Visa. The last statistic I heard was that Visa was something like 60-65% of all adult industry purchases, so you are undoubtedly losing sales by not being able to accept it. I realize the $750 is a stiff price and you may not be able to justify it right now, but it's definitely something to think about. If you're focusing on direct traffic, then it's less of an issue for the moment.

Good luck, I think if you put in some effort, you should be able to have something that does pretty well for you.

skaterkid9
    If I totalled up all my income from my site for the last two years I don't think I've made $750.

If your right about 2257 then I give up. I'll just let them come get me as I'm about to file for SSI anyway. That way I'll be safe in my concrete cell when America's karma catches up with her.

Good luck to all you sheep!

skaterkid9
    Ouch... :shock: That last post of mine seems harsh now that I re-read it hours later. It was meant as a quick joke as I ran out the door.

Thank you for all the time you put into that post Chip, a lot of food 4 thought.

I think you are a few miles ahead of me as far as expected sales numbers go.
    I'd love to be able to accept Visa but as you said, it's cost prohibitive right now. Maybe after I build membership up to a certain point I'll be able to afford the $750 fee. BTW: Is that a one time fee? I sure hope so.

The affiliate traffic will be directed to the proper sign-up page via .php session data. The examples I posted were just made for content purposes only.
    I like your content suggestions, I will work on that.

Thanks again!

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Chris, for now I'd suggest putting your energy into developing your own traffic. You won't have to pay out 50% to an affiliate to get it, you can process Visa through Verotel without worrying about affilites, and you can eventually use the direct traffic you develop not only to sell your own site, but you can join other affiliate programs (like ours, hint, hint) and send anyone who doesn't join your site on to an affiliate program and get probably as much revenue as you'd get if they joined your own site.

As for 2257, maybe you can talk someone at Mail Plus or whatever it is into being your named custodian, just make sure you keep the records and crossreferences updated. Realistically, the likelihood that Justice will go after a tiny single-model site is pretty slim, but I'm personally not one who likes to play the odds. Alternatively, as much as it sucks, I'd suggest just putting your home address. I know a number of webmasters that do that and I haven't (yet) heard of a situation where it's been a problem, though the risk is certainly there.

Hope that helps.