Thread: LOL Microsoft Fucks Itself.... XP Better Than Vista

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

LOL Microsoft Fucks Itself.... XP Better Than Vista

New tests have revealed that Windows XP with the beta Service Pack 3 has twice the performance of Vista, even with its long-awaited Service Pack 1.
    Vista's first service pack, to be released early next year, is intended to boost the operating system's performance. However, when Vista with the Service Pack 1 (SP1) beta was put through benchmark testing by researchers at Florida-based software development company Devil Mountain Software, the improvement was not overwhelming, leaving the latest Windows iteration outshined by its predecessor.

Vista, both with and without SP1, performed notably slower than XP with SP3 in the test, taking over 80 seconds to complete the test, compared to the beta SP3-enhanced XP's 35 seconds.

Vista's performance with the service pack increased less than 2 percent compared to performance without SP1--much lower than XP's SP3 improvement of 10 percent. The tests, run on a Dell XPS M1710 test bed with a 2GHz Core 2 Duo CPU and 1GB of RAM, put Microsoft Office 2007 through a set of productivity tasks, including creating a compound document and supporting workbooks and presentation materials.

In response to the test, a Microsoft spokesperson said in a statement that although the company understood the interest in the service packs, they are "still in development" and will continue to evolve before their release. "It has always been our goal to deliver service packs that meet the full spectrum of customer needs," the spokesperson said.

If SP1 does not evolve sufficiently, it could be another setback for Vista, with many businesses waiting to adopt the operating system until the service pack is released.

A year after its launch, only 13 percent of businesses have adopted Vista, according to a survey of IT professionals.

Microsoft admits that the launch has not gone as well as the company would have liked. "Frankly, the world wasn't 100 percent ready for Windows Vista," corporate vice president Mike Sievert said in a recent interview at Microsoft's partner conference in Denver.

Microsoft has not done enough to make users aware of the benefits of Vista, NPD analyst Chris Swenson said at the conference. "The problem is that there are a lot of complex new features in Vista, and you need to educate consumers about them...much like Apple educating the masses about the possibilities of the iPhone or focusing on a single feature or benefit of the Mac OS in the Mac-versus-PC commercials. Microsoft should be educating the masses about the various new features in a heavy rotation of Vista in TV, radio, and print ads. But the volume of ads (for Vista) has paled in comparison to the ads run for XP."

XP has proved to be more popular than its younger sibling, with the first six months of U.S. retail sales of box copies of Vista 59.7 percent below those of XP's in the equivalent period after its release.

Microsoft has had to allow PC manufacturers to continue to sell XP on new PCs, setting a deadline for the last sale at January 31. However, the pressure from manufacturers and consumers has been so great that Microsoft has been forced to extend the deadline another five months, until June.

According to Microsoft, sales of Vista have been picking up, with the software giant reporting 88 million units sold.

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9590_22-6...ml?tag=nl.e550

Now i must admit, im running on Vista right now and i also have a desktop running on XP still but i really havent had any issues with either machines, including the one with Vista over my initial teething problems in getting used to a new OS.

Regards,

Lee

I am still running XP, but in the same vane, I just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 and I absolutely hate it, its slow and cumbersome, it takes up about 5 times the resources and the newer interface, imho, is horrible.

I think MS is passed its 'best before' date, I am actually thinking of getting a Mac for my next computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    I just upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 and I absolutely hate it, its slow and cumbersome, it takes up about 5 times the resources and the newer interface, imho, is horrible.
    Same here. Office 2007 is awful. I regretted upgrading. Oddly enough I now use Windows mail instead and it's just as functional with little impact on my system.

Regarding xp vs Vista I just bought a new 2 quad core system with Vista pre-installed and I don't notice that it's slower then xp, but it could be due to the fact my old system only had a single processor whereas my new system has 3 gigs ram and four processors :drumstick:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

thanks, Lee - that made my day

Latin Niche site - 50% Revshare!! MiamiB's Avatar

My experience with Windows...

Well, I am in Argentina and I was recently forced to buy a new laptop with Vista. I am a computer geek so I had tested Vista in beta several times. It is crap since the business model of Microsoft is upgrading. That is not easy when are trying to get assholes to upgrade from Windows 95 to Vista. But they have that market in mind.

I have to report that the machine I got that was built for Vista runs it perfectly, no blue screens of death.

Yes, Windows sucks BUT most of us use it and it has helped us. Evolution might hurt but it is needed.

Lee
    MiamiBoyz.com
    Online Since 1999!
    Make 50% initial signup AND 50% recurring![/B] http://www.MiamiBoyz.com
    NEW SITE TO PROMOTE - LatinPiss.com

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about!
    vista sucks the sweat of dead mensa balls. My new mega dell has never run right. fianlly they sent a replacement and I requested they install XP they said they can;t. I told them if this next machine runs as shitty it goes back for a refund . When my hand me down viao editing suite crapped out i bought a mac of craigs list.

If the dell gets returned I'll do an i book instead . Vista, apple's best friend in the biz
    Firepower/Rising Son/Americreme Video
    custom web content
    icq 482810126

Salvandorum paucitas, damnandorum multitudo mistermee's Avatar
    I just moved to Mac a month ago and I love it, but it's a love with reservations. Everything you've heard about system stablity, ease of use, intuitive interfaces, etc. is true. It is a very fun machine, the exact opposite of my stodgy old deck running Windows XP.

That said, I have to admit that I've had a hell of a time findings software for Mr. Mac that works as well as the software I use on my PC. One significant example is that I have yet to find an HTML editor that can hold a candle to First Page and/or Hot Dog. So too for easy video conversion and editing programs that are a dime a dozen for PC, but virtually non-existent fof Mac.

I'm in the process of fusing the two systems, running Windows on my MacBook Pro and this may well be the solution to the problem, providing the best of both worlds, but then you have to wonder if this 'marriage made in hell' really can work. I'll let you know...
    "Wake up, Norma, you'd be killing yourself to an empty room!"

rkobcan
    Check out this site for some MAC html editors http://www.pure-mac.com/webed.html

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    agreed! , vista sucks! :thumbsdown:

jim