Thread: Safe Sex Passport - A Nice Idea But It Has So Many Flaws...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Safe Sex Passport - A Nice Idea But It Has So Many Flaws...

http://www.safesexpassport.com

At least someone is thinking outside the box when it comes to educating people about the chances of catching an STD.

It could be a great little tool, if it actually meant anything other than a card holder had an STD/HIV test up to 6 months ago.

Regards,

Lee

Making Pain Pay!
    I agree, it is a neat concept, but lots of flaws. And, it could prove to make matters worse.

Some people will trust that someone with a safe sex card is STD free and then use it as an excuse to not use protection, when in fact, they could have gotten an STD last week but still have the card.

I guess it is a start though.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

People are lazy.

They want someone ELSE to protect them.

It's that "Who shit in my pants" mentality that I'm always on about.

Protect your self all the time.. always assume your partners have everything and take the proper precautions and be prepared for the consequences.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    It's an interesting concept, although unless it's widely adopted, it will be almost as awkward to say "Go to this website and put in this ID to see what diseases I've been tested for"

And the really concerning thing to me is it seems to encourage unsafe behavior... that because someone has this card with a clean bill of health at the time of the test (that could be 6 months old) that it's ok to engage in unsafe behavior.

"That which submits is not always weak" Kushiel's Avatar
    I remember when I was in high school, it was all the rage to have the 'promise rings' to give to your significant other. Needless to say, an 'alarming' number of young ladies were pregnant before graduation for our smallish class of about 200 or so.

How many boys used the shiny bauble to get into the pants of some teenage girl? More than likely a good number more than got pregnant.

The rings are a quaint sentiment, when taken seriously - by both parties. The unfortunate consequence though, is that most people will simply use the false sentiment to exploit the gullible, and it will be even harder to tell immediately who got suckered by that exploitation. Gay men don't get pregnant, and many STD's aren't immediately identifiable.

In the back of my mind, this reminds me of the little joke cards that you can buy at novelty stores that are printed with, "Licensed Breast Inspector".... except someone might actually fall for this.
    "All things in moderation... even moderation itself.." B.F.

A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good. C1R_Andy's Avatar

Wink

Nice attempt...but I must agree the system is majorly flawed. The testing window is way too long and just the thought of asking for/showing your 'secret membership' card to each just seems to make me giggle a little. It's a piece of plastic which has just about as much validity as your word.

Plus...who's gonna pay $75 every 6 months PLUS $195-$225 per test? I can go down to my local health clinic, gay bar, or santa monica blvd and get tested FREE.