Thread: The drug issue is still an issue! especially with gaymen??

MistahTaylor

The drug issue is still an issue! especially with gaymen??

I wonder why that with our gay community that gay men are so into being stimulated by drugs and liquor.

I mean I like to drink and there is nothing wrong it at all.
    Also anyone who decides to do drugs it is there life and Im not here to judge and they can do whatever they want. Im not above them at alll (( thats not my point here )) People have the right to do whatever they want with there life. Hell I use to have a drug issue a long time ago myself. Thank god that is over.

But back to my point:
    I was reading this article in the newspaper today about how Crystal Meth is such a HUGE EPIDEMIC problem is gay society because it is considered a PNP drug "PARTY AND PLAY" drug. A lot of gay men get together do this drug and have sex like crazy for days on end.

Crystal meth Im sure as everyone knows is really really bad for you and what I dont understand is.. I never see this really going on but I also dont hang out in crowds who use drugs eithers so I guess that world is kinda hidden from me.

Anyhow. The article went onto say things aboout men who do crystal are most likely to get HIV etc.. etc.. and it was really scary and It is not like Im totally oblivious too the whole subject cause I have seen it myself in my life when I was younger and got caught up in it for a very small period of time and it is just soo sad that all that is still gooing on.

I remember what it was like and it was terrible and for some reason as I grew up and got away from all that and stabalized I guess that world dissppeared and then to turn around and read in the paper today that is it worse than ever and it is causing all these problems with the str8 and gay community but really heavily amongst gay men. It made me really sad.

Is this a big problem in your area??? I just dont understand where it is coming from... Maybe somethings you read in the new are just crazy or someones opinion from 1 story or not a very good opinion but I hope something gets done about it because it is such a destructive and scary path.

LOVE FKT

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I drank for 15 years. The last 5 years I was passing out more days every week than I was going to sleep, and nobody could have convinced me it was a problem until I couldn't lie to myself anymore.

Drugs and alcohol will always be a problem for some members of ANY community -- addiction does not play favorites. For me I don't think being a closeted homo had as much to do with my alcoholism as family history, a culture that accepted abuse, and the boredom of living in a sparsely populated rural community.

I wish our governments [federal, state, city] would put more emphasis on TREATMENT than on locking up drug users and alcoholics. That might actually help the problem. Putting a drunk in a cold shower does not sober him up -- it just makes him wet and cold. Putting a drug user or alcoholic in jail does not cure the disease -- it just keeps him from moving around freely for awhile.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

MistahTaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    I drank for 15 years. The last 5 years I was passing out more days every week than I was going to sleep, and nobody could have convinced me it was a problem until I couldn't lie to myself anymore.

Drugs and alcohol will always be a problem for some members of ANY community -- addiction does not play favorites. For me I don't think being a closeted homo had as much to do with my alcoholism as family history, a culture that accepted abuse, and the boredom of living in a sparsely populated rural community.

I wish our governments [federal, state, city] would put more emphasis on TREATMENT than on locking up drug users and alcoholics. That might actually help the problem. Putting a drunk in a cold shower does not sober him up -- it just makes him wet and cold. Putting a drug user or alcoholic in jail does not cure the disease -- it just keeps him from moving around freely for awhile.
    I dont think they do play favorites.. It is still sad to see,watch and read about it going on. This certain article I was reading was basing gay men and crystal meth addiction and what gay men use it for etc.. etc.. I guess it is one of those things you see and can relate to that shocks you and upsets youo all that same time.. You know what I mean? Maybe Im explaining myselff wrong.
    Love KT
    P.s. Also I was basing what I said off of what I was reading from the magazine.. LOL You get bored when volunteering at the gay std clinic on a friday and no one is there.

Quote Originally Posted by MistahTaylor View Post
    This certain article I was reading was basing gay men and crystal meth addiction and what gay men use it for etc.. etc..
    It's the same propaganda they've used for years to convince the general public that Gay men are drug fucked disease carriers not worthy of being treated equally in our society.

They used to spew the same propaganda against the black community, and since that's no longer politically correct we are the last on the list of available targets.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

MistahTaylor
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    It's the same propaganda they've used for years to convince the general public that Gay men are drug fucked disease carriers not worthy of being treated equally in our society.

They used to spew the same propaganda against the black community, and since that's no longer politically correct we are the last on the list of available targets.
    Oh I didnt know thats sad and stupid.. Why would someone make up such a terrible mean lie about a group of people.. I mean not only is it stupid and petty LOL it is really fucked in the head to make up something so vendictive and cruel. Whoever woke up one morning and decided "Im going to spread propoganda" around like to everyone for who knows what reason, really needs the help! Not these people they are writing about in this article LOL..
    Much Lovins.

"That which submits is not always weak" Kushiel's Avatar
    It's not so hard to conceive that people could believe the propaganda either, really. For years and years, homosexuals have been portrayed in the media, in colourful anecdotes, and even (admittedly) by ourselves as being the personification of excess. Rainbow-hued Drag Queens with a three-foot stack of fruit on her head with a flaminco dress, and beautiful-bodied men to either side. Men at Fire-island stripped to nothing but a thong and dancing in crowds by the hundreds. Fashionistas who don't hesitate to try to make anyone cry who doesn't follow the trends of the day as they deem fit.

To be honest, we've allowed ourselves to be portrayed in the past as hopelessly concerned with riding the moment into bliss for the 'now', and it's being used against us.

But then again, when I was in the club scene all the straight people used to come asking me where to go for drugs because "The gays have the -best- drugs" For the most part, it was true, too.
    "All things in moderation... even moderation itself.." B.F.

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    I think it is a HUGE problem, just go on craigslist M4M and search 'PNP' or go to gay.com and look how many people have it in their profile. I have had several friends suffer from an addiction to crystal meth. One of them has relapsed 3 times, it is one of the hardest addictions in the world to kick.

I have had friends who are real estate agents, emmy winning news anchors, high school teachers, all of them have had huge problems, now 2 of those 3 are clean, but time will tell how long it lasts.

For myself, I never really got meth. I tried it a few times when I was younger, and I HATED it. Too men it was so unnatural to just want to clean the house for 15 hours straight, and I quickly realized that it wasn't something for me. Had I kept going, and hanging out with the wrong crowds, and doing it over and over, I could be in a very different place in life right now.
    ICQ# 200-385-093

I too am a former victim of the PNP society. It's been YEARS since I touched anything stronger than a double Jose Cuervo and a cigarette, but there was a time when my weekends overlapped into Monday, sometimes Tuesday and on several occasions even into the NEXT weekend! It just sort of happened without even realizing what I was doing. I lost my job, many friendships and quite a bit of Pride in myself during that time. Thank the Gods that is over now! Is it a big problem? Sure is. I grew up in South Beach Miami, moved to Orlando, then to Atlanta, and now back in Orlando. Everywhere I have lived, and quite a few places I have visited in my many travels, have had issues with drugs. Crystal Meth and Cocaine in particular. It doesn't seem to be as "public" as it was ten years ago, but it's still there.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Marketing Director-Orlando
    Collegeboyslive.com
    AIM: cbl chaz Orlando
    E-Mail: chaz@collegeboyslive.com

"That which submits is not always weak" Kushiel's Avatar
    Sure it's a problem.
    The thing is, it's not just a -Gay- problem, as it's so often touted as being.
    Just like HIV isn't a -Gay- disease.
    It still affects you whether you're straight, or gay, or bi, or celibate.

We just get a lot of the media for because we are the most 'public'.. or rather publicized group involved with it.
    "All things in moderation... even moderation itself.." B.F.