Thread: Macs and Sony Vegas

jaycar

Macs and Sony Vegas

I just bought a new mac for editing purposes. I have always used Sony Vegas and love the program and Im so used to it. i dont want to learn a new one as vegas does everything I need it to. Does anyone know if there is a Vegas version available for macs?

cheers

Xstr8guy
    There are no plans for Vegas to ever be Mac Compatible as far as I know. But as long as you have a newer Mac you can run Vegas with Bootcamp installed on your Mac.

jaycar
    I have done that and installed xp on the mac but im having trouble connecting to the internet with it for some reason. When its in mac, its all good but go to xp, no internet. The vegas disk needs to download some odds and ends to be able to install it on the mac running in xp.I hate computers....nothings ever easy...:rain:
    cheers

Xstr8guy
    I'm not a Mac guy but I bet there are some folks on here that can get you fixed up.

jaycar
    Im not a mac guy either but everyone says theyre better for multimedia type applications etc. I guess ill just have to check back every now and then and see if someone can. Thanks for your help. :sunny:
    cheers

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaycar View Post
    Im not a mac guy either but everyone says theyre better for multimedia type applications etc. I guess ill just have to check back every now and then and see if someone can. Thanks for your help. :sunny:
    cheers

You bought a mac for video editing but the video editing software does not work on a mac so you are trying to install XP on it ?

Return the mac and get a decent PC.

Did someone say cocktail? steven619's Avatar

Mac issues

If you happen to be in LA or San Diego they have Apple stores you can book a free "meeting" with one of the smarter apple workers. http://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

They can help you with the setting you are missing.

I run an IMac and a MacBook Pro. Both I run BootCamp and also VMWare and Parallels. Internet still works on all each install by "default" so it must be a simple setting you are missing. The genius at the store can fix that quickly for you...or even their toll free number. Since this is Christmas time you could spend a lot of time on hold if you call their support number where you could book a meeting at the store quicker.

I'll check tomorrow with the office monkeys to see if someone knows what could be missing.
    Steven: 619-269-7442 x401
    Red Apple Media
    Hosting, Development, and video Streaming
    San Diego, CA
    Home PageFacebook

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by BBweb View Post
    You bought a mac for video editing but the video editing software does not work on a mac so you are trying to install XP on it ?

Return the mac and get a decent PC.
    And I'm sure the Mac guys will tell him to dump Vegas and use a Mac-native program like Final Cut Pro.

Did someone say cocktail? steven619's Avatar

Mac benchmark

They could suggest a different video editing software but odds are they will just help you with the internet problem. At least in San Diego they are not that "in your face" about Mac only software.

The greatest feature about the newer Mac hardware is that it runs windows better then a Dell, HP, Thinkpad, and so on and on and on....

I'm NOT a fan boy of Apple and still use XP most of the time (this not is typed using a DELL with XP) but gone through a lot of desktops, servers, and laptops in our 10 years hosting and media work.

Only this year could I say that Apple runs XP (and Vista) better then a windows only computer. I'm sure there are systems that would prove me wrong but in short.. one computer can do both.. Mac OS and XP (or Vista) where any other system can do only Windows. (even though... there seems to be an underground push to get Mac OS to run on windows only machines).

With a dual platform you can now test your site better and see if it works with Mac instead of waiting for Mac hate mail from users.

Mac is now a valid choice for working with Windows applications.
    Steven: 619-269-7442 x401
    Red Apple Media
    Hosting, Development, and video Streaming
    San Diego, CA
    Home PageFacebook

rkobcan
    The MAC should connect to the internet just as easily as a windows machine. My MAC with bootcamp running windows Xp connected with no problem. I made sure I followed all the instructions and updated everything for my MAC and bootcamp then installed Windows XP on the windows partition and it connected with no problem.

I only use a few programs on the Windows site but they run better on my MAC than any of my Windows Machines.

jaycar
    All fixed. thanks for your input guys, appreciate it. It was just a very minor setting, a friend figured it out in 2 seconds. All I care about is that it works, not how it works...thanks again guys.

Cheers