Thread: Plans underway for HIV- negative sex parties

Plans underway for HIV- negative sex parties

Source

One gay New York City man has taken serosorting to a new level with plans for separate sex parties for HIV-positive and HIV-negative men.

Robert Brandon Sandor, who’s 48 and has been HIV-positive since 1983, founded poz4poz.com in frustration a decade ago because he felt gay men with HIV were social outcasts, both in society in general and even in the gay community where, in the days before anti-retroviral drugs, they were shunned.

“There was nothing around then,” Sandor says. “There was a sense of total banishment. Everyone wanted us on an island. Society couldn’t accept us on any level.”

After several years of what he calls successful sex parties in the Big Apple for gay, HIV-positive men, it started to dawn on Sandor that the same strategy could work for gay men who are negative. This fall he started a spin-off site, HIV-UB2. It’s linked to poz4poz.com. The group's first gathering is scheduled for Dec. 7 in New York.

............ “It’s very simple,” Sandor says. “If you’re HIV-negative and you have sex with another HIV-negative man, with or without a condom, you will stay HIV-negative. I guarantee it. If you are HIV-positive and you only have sex with other positive men, you will not infect any HIV-negative men. And unsafe sex between two positive men won’t get anyone new infected with HIV.”

--------------------------------

Has anyone else ever heard of HIV- sex parties before? Do you think this is a good idea? It seems to me to be the same problem of people possibly being infected after a test, or am I off?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Source

............ “It’s very simple,” Sandor says. “If you’re HIV-negative and you have sex with another HIV-negative man, with or without a condom, you will stay HIV-negative. I guarantee it. If you are HIV-positive and you only have sex with other positive men, you will not infect any HIV-negative men. And unsafe sex between two positive men won’t get anyone new infected with HIV.”
    What a crock of shit.

If you're HIV-negative, all that means, depending on what test is used to make the determination, is that you don't yet have antibodies. If you bareback, you could be infected, have a high virus load, and not yet have antibodies, so you could infect anyone on the planet.

If he is advocating unsafe sex, this is irresponsibility at its utmost.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I agree, all its going to take is for 1 person who is positive to get in the mix and the whole party could potentially become positive.

This is probably one of the most stupid and irresponsible things i have ever heard.

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    It is my understanding that there are different strains of HIV, so there is always the possibility of cross-infection, causing great difficulties in ongoing care. So even if everyone is positive for the virus, there are risks.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

wow, what a stupid idea.

it avoids that pesky other problem - not all dangerous STDs are HIV. you can still pass hep-c, which these days is more likely to prove fatal as in many cases it is not treatable. you can pass an antibiotic resistant strain of syph or chlamydia or gonnhorea.