Thread: Statesman Details More Gay Encounters For Larry Craig

Statesman Details More Gay Encounters For Larry Craig

(The Politico) The Idaho Statesman reported a host of new allegations involving gay encounters by Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho), raising additional questions about Craig's statements on his sexual orientation and credibility.

After Roll Call originally broke the story in August about Craig's arrest in the men's room at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, the Idaho Republican announced he would resign from the Senate, although he appears now to be staying for the rest of the 110th Congress. Craig has appealed his misdemeanor guilty plea in the incident, and the Senate Ethics Committee is conducting its own probe of the case.

Following the intial report, The Statesman quickly revealed that it had done a months-long investigation into long-standing rumors about gay encounters by Craig, only to hold onto the story following an interview with Craig and his wife.

Today, The Statesman reporterd that four more men have stepped forward to publicly declare they had gay encounters, although some of these encouters allegedly took place more than 20 years ago.

One of the men, Mike Jones, claims that Craig paid him for sex in late 2004 or early 2005, according to The Statesman.

"Mike Jones is a former prostitute who told the world he had sex with the Rev. Ted Haggard last year," The Stateman reported. "The former Colorado Springs evangelist at first denied it but eventually confessed. Jones says Craig paid him for sex in late 2004 or early 2005."

An unidentified fifth man claimed he was approached by Craig in September 2006 in the Denver International Airport in a manner allegedly similar to that which lead to the Minneapolis arrest. Source

------------------------------

Who cares? Why are they making such a big deal about this guy? It's obviuos he's closeted.. so what? What's the point of them going on about this?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Because Larry Craig is a US Senator and one who has taken every opportunity to block or vote against gay-friendly laws.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    Because Larry Craig is a US Senator and one who has taken every opportunity to block or vote against gay-friendly laws.
    Thats because he isnt gay, his tricks are

Regards,

Lee

right but they tried this 20 years ago with him and nothing stuck. Like they said in the article "he said vs he said"

So he's a closeted homosexual, that has sex with men, and votes against Gay rights. And like Lee said "he isnt gay, his tricks are " He wont be re-elected we know that so why do they keep going on about it?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Call me a bastard, but I LIKE to hear when self-righteous self-loathing bigots get whacked in the back of the knees with 2x4 and are brought down in disgrace.

The more turmoil, scandal and embarrassment are heaped upon right-wing politicians the fewer of their ardent supporters will turn out for elections and the more likely the far-right will lose even more power.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good. C1R_Andy's Avatar
    Call me a bastard, but I LIKE to hear when self-righteous self-loathing bigots get whacked in the back of the knees with 2x4 and are brought down in disgrace.

The more turmoil, scandal and embarrassment are heaped upon right-wing politicians the fewer of their ardent supporters will turn out for elections and the more likely the far-right will lose even more power.
    BASTARD!! :develish: :p

heh heh, jk; love u chad and I agree 100%...if he's gonna be a big ole hypocrite, then he deserves all the public disgrace he gets!!

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    I have no doubt that even what we're now hearing is just the tip of a big, pink pyramid-shaped iceberg

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar

I agree with you 100%. Now, had he been an openly gay person, none of this would have gotten this far, it all would have been dropped. However, him being a huge hypocrit, and denying it, has just created a bigger media circus. This is the kind of shit the media and the american people live for. Hell, had he just said from the beginning "I am gay, I have tried to live this other life, it is not me, as much as I have tried to hide these feelings they have surfaced again and again" sure the origional media attention would have been larger, but in the long run, it would have been much less.

Had he made that speech instead of denying it, we never would have heard about him again.
    ICQ# 200-385-093