Thread: cheaper to eat in or eat out?

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar

cheaper to eat in or eat out?

I got a flyer today , little ceasers here offer a large pizza 3 meats for just $8 and that got me thinking, with the battle of food prices at fast food and "discount" restaurants like olive garden with their $5 soup and salad combo. has it got to be that it is actually cheaper now to eat out then actually cook for yourself. especially if you factor in prep time and electricity cost for using the oven ?

Is it time to throw out the kitchen ?
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

"That which submits is not always weak" Kushiel's Avatar
    It may be less expensive..... but you get what you pay for.
    "All things in moderation... even moderation itself.." B.F.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    a few years back I found Olive Garden a rather nice restaurant (love those breadsticks yummy.. anyways...) 5$ for a soup and salat is VERY affordable and Ceasar's is as well...

BUT eating at home - if you cook right - is much more healty. I know its kinda hard to shop for good fresh food which is affordable in the US - but it's well worth it.
    :-D

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well considering when Gary and i eat out the bill usually runs to around $80 for the two of us (Japanese, Steakhouses, Mongolian, Thai foods) its definately cheaper to eat in however, it is so much easier to eat out.

Thats actually another reason why in the New Year we're starting our healthy eating kick, so we eat right, at home, and dont spend so much eating out every night.

Regards,

Lee

Making Pain Pay!
    MAYBE if only one person is eating...but take the $5.00 soup and salad times two people, then add tip. (Assuming you drank only water.) And you are easily at $14.00 with tax.

You can make soup and salad at home for A LOT less and make A LOT of it. Remember, Icerburg Lettuce (what they use) is 99 cents a head. Thats a lot of frickin salad. And soup ingrediants for the crock pot are CHEAP.

As far as the pizza goes...really it is the same thing. Making your own crust is easy...and cheap. Tomato paste is cheap...and really, do you want cheap sausage? I didn't think so. Toss some Green pepers, etc. and you have a nice pizza for under $2.00.

Eating at home is cheaper, heathier, and more fun if everyone gets involved.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

I tried doing this once and became very discouraged.....Go to the grocery store, calculator in hand, and your grocery list to make your favorite recipes. Now go through the store and add up your bill....don't forget tax. NOW, go to the frozen foods section and calculate the cost of similar dishes that have already been prepared and frozen for your convenience. The difference will cause you to want to throw out your cookware. But, before you toss the Cuisinart out of the window, read the nutrition facts on the side of those little cost saving packages of frozen yummy goodness. Most are loaded with salt, fat and artificial everything...including TASTE. Even the "Healthy" selections have enough sodium in them to give a small horse a coronary. It is sad to think that we charge less to feed our people food that is really, really bad for them nutritionally and then wonder why the poorer demographics also have the highest rates of obesity, diabetes and other health issues. It's cheaper at the checkout to eat junk food, but looking at the big picture, it can cost you astronomically in medical bills and healthwise down the road. As much as it hurts, I pay the extra at the checkout to ensure that I am doing what I can to keep my body as healthy as possible for as long as possible.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Marketing Director-Orlando
    Collegeboyslive.com
    AIM: cbl chaz Orlando
    E-Mail: chaz@collegeboyslive.com

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    it's probably cheaper to "eat in" especially if you make something like a "turkey" or "ham" which can probably feed most for a week but do you really want to eat turkey or ham all week?
    I "cook in" usually on the weekends and it's generally something you can throw on a grill ( interpreted: healthier & faster and you can socialize more with friends "outdoors" and not be burdened with setting eleborate tables , washing the dishes , or be exhausted from preperation & service by the end of the evening ) and I'll eat at resturaunts during the week when the "crowds" are not as bad as the weekends and the "dinning experience" ( interpreted: the fricken'hot waiters in the tight black pants with no underwear! ) is more enjoyable.
    it comes down to what you consider good to eat and what you are willing to pay for it. ( interpreted: until i can figure out the "mix" of oil/seafood/vegetable/sauces & seasoning/and rice in the "chinese shrimp fried rice" I get at the little "out of the way" chinese resturaunt I am a slave to my stomache. ( warning: chinese food is the highest on the list of "bad for you!" which is probably why i like it so much! :fool: )

sincerely ~ ..." I'm a slave 4 wong fu , i cannot hide it , chopsticks get me excited "... - britney spears :fool: