Thread: So Whats Going To Happen When DVD Content....

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

So Whats Going To Happen When DVD Content....

Is all over-exposed?

I mean its getting there now, do you think people will go back to custom shoots or something else?

Regards,

Lee

we are totally getting into custom because of that very issue. A lot of our YoungHotLatinos content is custom - we got some real hotties too

Meh.

I think it's been tired for a while.

If you really wanna last in this industry, I think it's a no-brainer to produce your own content.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Exclusive Custom Gay Content Lykos's Avatar
    It's very good question acctually,
    but i think that DVD content can't get saturated yet,as there are like 80.000 new movies per year...and not all content stores together have 50.000 tittles
    so we will get there but not that fast,few more years for sure.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    What really worries me if someone buys a ton of dvds and does a VOD site with old crap dvds.

I think in the next few years you will see the number of DVD's on the market drop. Was talking with a major online DVD store and we both felt that the price of an A title will drop in the next couple years to $30-$40. In fact this producer is already releasing one line at $40.

Hopefully, what that will mean is all these crappy under $20 DVDs will get pushed out of the market and be replaced with something that has value.

Which means, the crap dvds will end up on the internet. UGH!

Hugs,
    Lloyd

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Is all over-exposed?

I mean its getting there now, do you think people will go back to custom shoots
    Yup! And its better that way

How long have you been gay?
    With small studios such as Hollywood Sales going under in the next few years a ton of inexpensive DVDs will hit the market. Studios are buying up the footage and re-releasing them, than cut them up and make comps, than gonzos. Than you have studios re-releasing footage from the 70’s, 80’s and early 90’s all of which are really pretty good. In the past 3 months one studio has released 50 new comps, 25 new gonzos, and 55 new features from footage they purchased from a small studio that went under.

The price of even the high end studios is not as high as everyone thinks, a SRP of $90 can be bought wholesale for $20.

Online retailers have probably the most accurate pricing on adult DVDs right now.

VOD and download sellers will do better in years to come but my thinking is DVDs are here to stay for at least 5-10 more years until another format takes it’s place. R. Murdock even feels the internet won’t take over newspapers, television, nor DVD sales for at least 10 years.

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    footage from the 70's makes me shudder. Wow those folks were unattractive.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdynow View Post

The price of even the high end studios is not as high as everyone thinks, a SRP of $90 can be bought wholesale for $20.
    This is the main problem that physical stores face. Titles drop so fast at the wholesale level. What a store pays (via buying a small quantity) is damn close to what a consumer can buy online.

Those cheap DVDs that are selling at under $20 retail are really killing the market. But then many retail stores are moving in that direction in carrying them as at least they can make some money off of them.

But selling a $60 DVD that one can get online for $30 and the store pays $24 - $28 wholesale just doesn't pay the rent.

The stores we sell to aren't buying a $24 wholesale cost video and selling for $60 they are buying $2 DVDs and selling them for $30. They are making the rent money off the video booths. One large store we sell to rakes in almost $20K per month from the video booths alone.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by rdynow View Post
    The stores we sell to aren't buying a $24 wholesale cost video and selling for $60 they are buying $2 DVDs and selling them for $30. They are making the rent money off the video booths. One large store we sell to rakes in almost $20K per month from the video booths alone.
    Right. That's my point. The cheap crappy DVDs are now being sold instead of the A titles. But, not all states allow video booths.

Even the so called A studios DVDs don't cost as much as people think. Some can be bought for $10-$20 and the brick and motars are trying to sell them at $80-$90. I huess if they sell them it does help pay the rent.