Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that Jodie Foster finally came out ...

Now that Jodie Foster finally came out ...

Does it change anything for the Gay community? Does anyone care? If not... isn't that the way to do it, so it's not an issue?

~~~~~~~~~

Jodie, before a crowd of her closeted-est—I mean closest—Hollywood peers, thanked "my beautiful Cydney who sticks with me through all the rotten and the bliss”. The apple of Jodie’s eye, and the co-parent of her two boys, Jodie met Cydney on the set of the God-awful 1993 flick Sommersby, in which even Jodie’s double Academy Awards and stellar acting skills couldn’t compensate for the black hole of sexual energy between her and urban legend / gerbil loving—Richard Gere.

If her tip of her fedora to Cydney wasn’t enough of a kinda sorta coming out, an uncharacteristically candid Jodie went on to call herself a gentelemen and a fruitcake—not unlike Gere’s An Officer and a Gentleman. "I don't feel very powerful. I feel fragile... unsure, struggling to figure it all out, trying to get there even though I'm not sure where there is... I've been working in this business for 42 years and there's no way you can do that and not be as nutty as a fruitcake,” Jodie told the crowd, which included long-rumored homos John Travolta and Queen Latifah.

Sure, Jodie’s never pulled a Big Rosie O’Donnell and ranted on about lesbian bed-death before millions of hapless heartland housewives on The View. Still, Jodie and her trucker voice have never “doth protested too much” either. During her Yalie days, a lunatic white boy, John Hinckley, attempted to assassinate then President Ronald Reagan just to get on Jodie’s radar. It’s no big surprise that Jodie hasn’t flown her private life like Pride flag over West Hollywood’s Santa Monica Boulevard. Like Charlie over his speaker phone to the Angels, Jodie might not have always been visible but she’s spoken to us.

The day before Jodie wiggled her pinky toe out the closet door, the 'Brave One' handed out an award to The Trevor Projects’ founders at its annual Cracked Xmas event. Also on hand for the event was Big Ellen—an honoree—and her hot piece of nip/tuck tail, Portia di Rossi. Perhaps Jodie was merely inspired by Ellen and Portia’s PDA and she decided Cydney would never be a back door girl again—in public that is… At any rate, congrats to Jodie. The lesbian community couldn’t ask for a more together celebrity role model. Why settle for Tila Tequila when Jodie’s Stealing Home for the team?

On the subject of public outings, Queen "fence-sitter" Latifah has refuted rumors that she and her longtime personal trainer, Jeanette Jenkins, were on the brink of a shotgun wedding. 'When you're famous these days, it's just part of the deal—unfortunately. People will make up all sorts of things that are not true... There ain't gonna be no wedding,” Queen of the Heaving Cleavage told the Chicago Sun Times. At least the Queen didn’t whip out her tired old Glamour line about how the gay rumors haven’t harmed her appeal with the less fair sex, or the “gentlemen,” as she says. SOURCE
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I was on some board... Just Us Boys, I think... and they were talking about good gay role models. I was mentioning a few like Rob Halford and TR Knight who came out but didn't make a big deal about it and then went on with their mainstream, straight-appeal careers.

One of the members said "How come Queen Latifah isn't on that list? Racism, that's why." My reply was "Is Queen Latifah even gay?"

"Oh yes," he said, "She's been in a relationship with her personal trainer for years and even paid thousands of dollars to keep it secret."

"yes," I snapped, "There's a good role model for the gay community.. someone who'd allow themselves to be blackmailed just to stay in the closet."

Jodie just never talked about it because she was never really comfortable on how to do it. This is just... the natural way for her to finally just let it happen and move on.

Anderson Cooper, I'm sure, isn't far behind. In his private life he lives openly with his boyfriend. He just never talks about it on his show. Not yet, anyway.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post
    Anderson Cooper, I'm sure, isn't far behind. In his private life he lives openly with his boyfriend. He just never talks about it on his show. Not yet, anyway.
    LOL Anderson Cooper reminds me of my X of 5 years that is a high up executvie at the Los Angeles Times. We were together for five years, raising a child. He was closeted with his parents, and his job, and has exactly the same demeanor. I guess at the end of the day it's their lives. Not being true to yourself is toxic and confining. I imagine they must feel reborn finally coming out publicly at such "late stages" in their lives, the ones that do.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

LOVE 4 SALE OR LEASE SEX MONTHLY! :) longboardjim's Avatar
    have you ever noticed it's good to "come out" just when your career is about over , sadly it's also a good excuse to use in the military when you just can't "cut it!" as a soilder despite the fact you may be physical/mental unfit.
    I'm sorry but these are not people I consider "role models" , it's actually quite sad that others will applaud them as heroes for their "bravery"? in having to live a "closeted life" for fear of "gay" persecution that most normal gays have to live with on a day to day basis.
    and I could go on and on but i'm trying to remain silent here , please continue.

sincerely ~ ..."it's good to be gay"?...

P.S ~ I have seen this Anderson Cooper , he's really not bad looking

Quote Originally Posted by longboardjim View Post
    have you ever noticed it's good to "come out" just when your career is about over
    Quite odd isn't it? Take the public for everything you can then be honest about who you are. Would you lie to make millions and millions of dollars?

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    LOL Anderson Cooper reminds me of my X of 5 years that is a high up executvie at the Los Angeles Times. We were together for five years, raising a child. He was closeted with his parents, and his job, and has exactly the same demeanor. I guess at the end of the day it's their lives. Not being true to yourself is toxic and confining. I imagine they must feel reborn finally coming out publicly at such "late stages" in their lives, the ones that do.
    I came out late -- 33 years old -- and went through a second puberty which was so much fun! It was like being 16 with a platinum card! But I have seen quite a few that came out late in life -- even as old as 50 -- that yearn for the years they lost. They desperately want to be 20 years old again and desperately want a 20 year old boyfriend. However, the number of hot 20 year olds that they yearn for is very very small and they end up very very sexually frustrated and bitter. At 50, they are only sexually interested in hot 20 something twinkies when there are a lot of other very good looking single 50 somethings out there. Fortunately, there are a lot of gay men who are in their 40's, 50's and 60's that came out earlier in their life, they are happy with themselves and living good lives as openly gay men. Those are my role models.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    I came out late -- 33 years old -- and went through a second puberty which was so much fun! It was like being 16 with a platinum card! But I have seen quite a few that came out late in life -- even as old as 50 -- that yearn for the years they lost. They desperately want to be 20 years old again and desperately want a 20 year old boyfriend. However, the number of hot 20 year olds that they yearn for is very very small and they end up very very sexually frustrated and bitter. At 50, they are only sexually interested in hot 20 something twinkies when there are a lot of other very good looking single 50 somethings out there. Fortunately, there are a lot of gay men who are in their 40's, 50's and 60's that came out earlier in their life, they are happy with themselves and living good lives as openly gay men. Those are my role models.
    I beat you by a year... I came out at 34. Until then I never had sexual contact with a man. And I too had a second puberty.

Fortunately, I was attracted to men my age and older. I think if I had come out at 20 years old, I would have still had the same fascination with older men.

A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good. C1R_Andy's Avatar

Angry

I came out at 17... NO FAIR, I WANT A SECOND PUBERTY! Mine happened simultaneously

helixcash_sean
    Quote Originally Posted by C1R_Andy View Post
    I came out at 17... NO FAIR, I WANT A SECOND PUBERTY! Mine happened simultaneously
    I came out at 18. I'm still waiting for my first Puberty. Wait, what is puberty?

:broccoli:

Quote Originally Posted by helixcash_sean View Post
    I came out at 18. I'm still waiting for my first Puberty. Wait, what is puberty?

:broccoli:
    Puberty is a time of increased sexual awareness and increased hormone levels. Basically, you want to just fuck everything that moves. In a good puberty experience, your peers also want to fuck everything that moves. A bad puberty is when you want to fuck everything and nobody wants to fuck you. <shivers> A second puberty is just a blissful gift. :bananacock:
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

"That which submits is not always weak" Kushiel's Avatar
    I had my first boyfriend when I was eighteen, he was twenty five, and we banged the hell out of each other. Oddly enough though, after I turned twenty one, its generally been my partner that's pulling his hair out because I don't put out enough.

Not that I don't like a good roll in the hay, but it's often me staring at the patch of gray hair I've had since I was sixteen wondering why men are always thinking about sex... there are so many other fun things to do, too and it seems like not enough time to experience them all; I don't have time for an identity crisis. I know what I want now, and I know what I think I'll want in the future. It may change over the years, but I can't sit around crying for myself just because I like the men.

Of course I say this now, so I'll be the one that has a mid-life crisis in twenty years.
    "All things in moderation... even moderation itself.." B.F.

Kudos to you Chad and everyone else who were lucky enough to come to terms with their sexuality. It's a great thing! Everyone has their own unique path. These public figures, who know they are Gay, and have been secretly Gay for, some of them, their entire public career, are frustrating. It's their life, and their decision, it just seems cheap and non genuine on their part.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

helixcash_sean
    Puberty is a time of increased sexual awareness and increased hormone levels. Basically, you want to just fuck everything that moves. In a good puberty experience, your peers also want to fuck everything that moves. A bad puberty is when you want to fuck everything and nobody wants to fuck you. <shivers> A second puberty is just a blissful gift. :bananacock:

Awww thanks Chad for that beautiful explanation :-) I actually am aware what puberty is. I went through it early around 11. And then found myself going through several growth spurts up until 25.

Gay is the new Black
    I came out as "bi" at 13. I was fully out as gay by 14. I'm a gold star (I have never been with someone of the op. sex.) By 17, I did my thing and met the guy I'm still with, to this day. I'm now 32.
    Be Who You Are!

The "Bi now, gay later" program

:cheerleader:
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com