Thread: blog script suggestions for technophobe?

luke preston

I Wonder? blog script suggestions for technophobe?

I’m sure there are already posts about this so please feel free to steer me in the right direction but:

I want to start a regular news/update page on my non-adult site symidream, in fact I have started one which I update whenever I can – and I’m calling it a blog. I’m creating a page and then manually archiving it, adding images to the image folder and so on and it occurs to me there must be some software or script etc. that has a template and that will do a lot of the work for me?

Is there something that:
    1) An idiot like me can install and add to Dreamweaver that’s easy to use
    2) Acts as a template so all I have to do is put in the text and images
    3) Is customisable so I can employ our own colours etc.
    4) Makes creation and archiving easier

Any ideas, links etc. welcome!

Ta

LP

Sounds like Wordpress would do what you're wanting. If it's an established site, then just install it to a subfolder for handling the news part of your site.

luke preston
    Thanks for that, I'm looking into it now and it does seem to be exactly what I need.
    ta

LP

Luke, go with WordPress as Bec suggested. And if you are concerned about setting it up, it may be a good idea to hire someone like Bec to get the initial theme / plugins / ping lists / etc setup for you. It will save you LOADS of time and headaches and she will give you a system where all you have to do is write.

cheers,
    Luke