Thread: Straight Guys are Broke V.S. Broke Straight Boys

Straight Guys are Broke V.S. Broke Straight Boys

I just came across Straight Guys are Broke today and it got me wondering, which came first Broke Straight Boys or Straight Guys are Broke?

Is it considered poor taste to copy a competitor in such an obvious way? Would you promote a site that apparently mimics another sites idea in such a blatant way?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Looking for content ;)
    Broke Straight Boys was there first from what i know

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I just came across Straight Guys are Broke today and it got me wondering, which came first Broke Straight Boys or Straight Guys are Broke?

Is it considered poor taste to copy a competitor in such an obvious way? Would you promote a site that apparently mimics another sites idea in such a blatant way?

I believe that Straight Guys are Broke (on Rainbow Revenue right?) came out in the last year or so. I have links up for both and make sales on both.
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Broke Straight Boys came first. Just as Bait Bus came before Cruise Patrol.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    Broke Straight Boys came first. Just as Bait Bus came before Cruise Patrol.
    Yup site concepts are copied all the time, this is nothing new and nothing to be concerned about imho

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    Broke Straight Boys was launched in Dec 2004 and Straight Guys Are Broke was launched in July 2007. I think it is in very poor taste but the is just my opinion.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com View Post
    Broke Straight Boys was launched in Dec 2004 and Straight Guys Are Broke was launched in July 2007. I think it is in very poor taste but the is just my opinion.
    I agree. And what Mark didnt mention (but should have) is that the Rainbow rep talked on ICQ to Mark about Broke Straight Boys getting the low down before they launched their copy of it.

I guess it was bound to happen at some point.

IMO Broke Straight Boys is a much better site and ill continue pushing that until its stops converting (if that ever happens - right now it still does amazing ratios for me).

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Yup site concepts are copied all the time, this is nothing new and nothing to be concerned about imho
    I disagree

It's not just the concept, it's also a close domain name as well, confusing surfers as to which site is which. It almost seems a tactless and deceptive way to take market share from a competitor.

I've thought of at least 20 different domain names that follow the same concept but don't trample on someone else's brand.

I don't know the people at IntenseCash or RainbowRevenue personally but I do think we can hold ourselves to higher standards when it comes to business practices. There is plenty to go around.

If this is nothing new or to be concerned about why hasn't Rainbow Revenue posted in this thread?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    It's not just the concept, it's also a close domain name as well, confusing surfers as to which site is which. It almost seems a tactless and deceptive way to take market share from a competitor.
    Isnt that the legal test if you wanted to sue? If a surfer would confuse the two?

Xstr8guy
    I don't promote either site. But other than the word "broke" there are no similarities between BSB and SGAB. Cash to have sex on camera... been done a million times since Bait Bus. "Straight" guys having gay sex... well we know how popular and pervasive that is. And besides, BSB is a twink site and SGAB features much older men. I truly can't imagine a surfer confusing these two sites.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseCash.com View Post
    I think it is in very poor taste but the is just my opinion.

Mark
    It is in poor taste, that is for sure.

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    It is in poor taste, that is for sure.
    Agree 100%. IMO RR saw how well bsb has been doing over the years and tried to get in on the $$. From what I understand, BSB is 1 of the best converting gay sites in the industry. My conversion ratio is 1:350 with 100% TGP traffic.

--Chubbs

luke preston
    I've reviewed both and found SBAB so much of a rip off of BSB that I simply couldn't like it (as much). It does what it does well but it's hardly original.
    LP