Thread: Reminder For Everyone....

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? Reminder For Everyone....

Over the holiday season, make sure that you run a complete backup of your computers.

I ran a total backup overnight yesterday and as fate would have it, about 10 minutes ago my desktop that has all of our important information on it just crapped out on me.

If you arent going to be using your PCs for a few days, seriously take the time to run a complete backup just in case it is needed.

We'd have lost over 5 years worth of work if i hadnt run regular data backups on the desktop but thankfully that wasnt the case.

Regards,

Lee

marcjacob
    After GWW had its hard disk crash I looked into my server back ups, turns out its not part of the service so I ordered nightly back ups for $5 a month.

That is well worth everyone checking imo as it makes a real difference if you have a major crash, and for the sake of $5 you may aswell get protected. You would spend $5 without even thinking about it.

Strange you say that as with my new system I do a full backup every couple days. Went to turn on the computer yesterday morning, got a "partition not recognized" at startup. Turned off the computer, then back on and it was ok, for now.

Must be something going round. Definitely do full backups people :thumbsup:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Yup, absolutely gold advice. I just got my new LaCie 1TB ether-disk delivered for this exact purpose.

Today the USA, tommorrow the World collegeboyslive's Avatar
    AND.. even if you have an automated backup system.. CHECK it i have seen many people whos automated system stopped for some reason and they never knew till it was too late. the occasional manual one is still a good idea.

for windows machines i love acronis true image. its a ghosting program but it will work in the background so you can still use your machine. if even works on servers.
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com