Thread: Problems with CCBill and Safari Browser

Making Pain Pay!

Problems with CCBill and Safari Browser

I recently just started having problems accessing the secure webadmin area of CCBill using my Mac Safari Browser. Is anyone else noticing this?

I can still access it via Firefox, but I really prefer Safari.

I am having the same problem on my iPhone as well.

The browser keeps crashing while trying to retrieve my stats.

Am I alone? Can anyone else with a mac please try to access their CCBill back office and see if it works for them on Safari?

Thanks.

- Michael
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    You are not alone. Since the most recent Safari update, the CCBill admin crashes. I have had other log in problems with Safari as well. I spoke with CCBill about this and the update (according to CCBill) is essentially a beta and they are unable to determine the cause. If it were only a problem with CCBill's admin, I would be asking them to work on it. However, what was once a very reliable browser has now turned to crap in many ways. I now use Firefox for CCBill and am migrating all my bookmarks over. Ugh, what pain in the ass.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post
    You are not alone. Since the most recent Safari update, the CCBill admin crashes. I have had other log in problems with Safari as well. I spoke with CCBill about this and the update (according to CCBill) is essentially a beta and they are unable to determine the cause. If it were only a problem with CCBill's admin, I would be asking them to work on it. However, what was once a very reliable browser has now turned to crap in many ways. I now use Firefox for CCBill and am migrating all my bookmarks over. Ugh, what pain in the ass.
    Ok, this sucks ass. Safari has always been my favorite browser. Perhaps I will go and uninstall the latest update and just use the old browser for a while. I hate Firefox.

It is nice to know however that I am not alone. When I talked to CCBill this week about it, they seemed to have no clue about what I was talking about.

Thanks for verifying this for me...now I can begin to find a solution and workaround.

(Although I keep submitting reports to apple every day.)
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

You may have just taught me something. Is there a way to uninstall the most recent update?

Making Pain Pay!
    I have not done it yet myself, but this should work:

Click the Finder icon in the Dock.
    From the File menu, choose Find.
    Type "Safari.app" in the File Name Contains field.
    Click Search.
    Note: The resulting files will be named simply "Safari", since the ".app" suffix is hidden by default.

Drag all copies of Safari.app to the Trash.
    Empty Trash
    Reinstall Safari using either the system disk, or another browser.
    Update Safari using "Software Update" but

DO NOT INSTALL THE 3.0.4 SECURITY BETA

==========================================
    That all being said, I see that in Apple Docs, they have several complaints about the 3.0.4 security version not working with the security certificates of a lot of banking websites, etc. so I am sure it will be only a matter of time.

The 3.0.4 update does "fix" some other security issues (or so they say) so I might leave it one place and try to find a workaround until then.

- Michael

LiveTwinksCam.com LiveTwinksCam's Avatar
    I use Firefox on my Mac and love it. I found that Safari has some problems with me logging into other sites as well. I don't like switching back and forth, so I am just using Firefox as my default.
    Thanks,
    Jacob

Add HOT Live Feeds to your site!
    www.LiveTwinksCam.com/webmasters.html

Safari has had the ccbill problem for a while, at least for me. It wasn't just the latest update. I've complained to apple, but no response...

Making Pain Pay!
    Sure enough, I went back to the "old" version of Safari (2.0.1) and everything works just fine now. I wont update to 3 until they get all the bugs worked out.

Here is the link to where you can download an older version of Safari.

http://www.oldapps.com/apple_safari.htm

Now...I need to figure out how to get 3 off my damn iPhone.

Where did you find an old copy of Safari 2.0 to download? I would love to get rid of this one.

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post

Here is the link to where you can download an older version of Safari.

http://www.oldapps.com/apple_safari.htm
    You must have missed this link...

Good Luck. Private me if you need any help.