Thread: Should an affiliate do this?

Making Pain Pay!

Should an affiliate do this?

I just found out that an affiliate of mine has bought up some domains that are misspellings of one of my domain names.

I kind of think this is wrong, because in my mind, if they are typing my URL in directly, they are likely responding to my print ad campaign and should be mine alone.

I did not specify it was against the program TOS because I never thought of it to be honest. I am learning.

Just wondering what the group consensus is about what I should do or if I am over-reacting to something that happens to everyone.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Mark at IntenseCash has run into this a couple of times. You should check with him, I think he said he's had good results by simply contacting the offending affiliate and in so many words saying "this isn't cool."

I definitely think it's shady and whether or not it's in your TOS, I still think it's wrong for an affiliate to do that.

some programs have no problem with affiliates doing this, some do have a problem. you didn't buy the typos yourself, he's sending you traffic you wouldn't have had, and he took the time to figure out the domains, which you didn't do. on the other hand, the traffic is because of your domain. so i could see this going either way.