Thread: What do YOU look for in a feed link?

What do YOU look for in a feed link?

I am curious. When a company or site approaches you trying to market their site as a feed link for your members area, what do you look for when qualifying the site? Are there specific offerings that sway you one way or another?
    Also, where do you see the Adult Entertainment Internet going this year? What changes or additions are you considering for your sites this year?
    Video feeds and content available to webmasters:
    http://demo.collegeboyslive.com http://affiliates.collegeboyslive.com

Marketing Director-Orlando
    Collegeboyslive.com
    AIM: cbl chaz Orlando
    E-Mail: chaz@collegeboyslive.com

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by cbl_chaz View Post
    I am curious. When a company or site approaches you trying to market their site as a feed link for your members area, what do you look for when qualifying the site?
    1. Content that matches my site.
    2. HIGH quality content.
    3. Prices that are reasonable.

(Pretty much in that order.)

I think the main thing a feed provider needs to do is explain the value that the feed will have to the site. It really annoys me when we get cold calls to add feeds to our site that has absolutely nothing to do with the content of the site.

My next question to any feed provider (no matter if the content matches or not) is how will it help my site/members. Some give a compelling answer. Others have no clue.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

thank you for responding! I appreciate you taking the time to give me your insight. As of 30-01-08, you are the only one who has responded???? I guess everyone is getting ready for Phoenix!

Collegeboyslive.com

Last month I posted this thread and only got one response even though many more people read it. Does this mean that everyone feels the same way and there aren't any other aspects that attract or deter you from choosing a feed site? Or is everyone simply concentrating on their OWN content instead of linking to other sites? Are feed or "Bonus" sites no longer an attractive incentive to your membership?

Collegeboyslive.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbl_chaz View Post
    Last month I posted this thread and only got one response even though many more people read it. Does this mean that everyone feels the same way and there aren't any other aspects that attract or deter you from choosing a feed site? Or is everyone simply concentrating on their OWN content instead of linking to other sites? Are feed or "Bonus" sites no longer an attractive incentive to your membership?
    I would guess the reason you got so few responses was because you asked four big questions in one thread that would have been better addressed by making four separate threads instead.

Two of the questions you asked had nothing to do with the title of the thread: where do you see the Adult Entertainment Internet going this year? What changes or additions are you considering for your sites this year? :groovy:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

there are two answers. the first one regards regular feeds. i like feeds that update regularly and offer videos that are bigger than 320x240. i review a lot of sites with great videos and their plugins have these little crappy movies most of the time.

two of my favorite feeds allow the site owner to configure them so you can choose the movies out of a collection and put your own header, footer and stuff on the feeds so it looks like your site. VERY nice feature, and allows you to do the updates yourself. too bad that one restricts you to 4 videos per page and the other has great str8 content but only old gay content.

So do I repost these as four separate threads? I didn't post them separately because I didn't want to come across as badgering everyone on the boards with a bunch of "newbie" questions, but I see your point now. Someone that isn't interested in Feed links might have an opinion on the other questions. Thanks for your input!

Collegeboyslive.com

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    two of my favorite feeds allow the site owner to configure them so you can choose the movies out of a collection and put your own header, footer and stuff on the feeds so it looks like your site. VERY nice feature, and allows you to do the updates yourself. too bad that one restricts you to 4 videos per page and the other has great str8 content but only old gay content.
    OMG who are they?

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

feedsnow.com had a wonderful movie selection, a very simple way of using css to add your headers, footers and page colors and you could change which videos went on your "console" on the fly.

hostedcontent.com had older gay videos, but we ran a str8 ebony site using only their movies. it's hardcore to configure these pages, but it can be done so it looks like part of your site - the hardest thing, as i recall, was taking the other categories off your pages, but it, too, can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    OMG who are they?

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    feedsnow.com had a wonderful movie selection, a very simple way of using css to add your headers, footers and page colors and you could change which videos went on your "console" on the fly.

hostedcontent.com had older gay videos, but we ran a str8 ebony site using only their movies. it's hardcore to configure these pages, but it can be done so it looks like part of your site - the hardest thing, as i recall, was taking the other categories off your pages, but it, too, can be done.
    Great thanks! :bananacock:

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com