Thread: What Are You Doing With Google Image Traffic?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Are You Doing With Google Image Traffic?

I have a bunch of sites that are getting thousands of hits a day from images.google.com and i was wondering if there was a way i could use this traffic in a more productive manner than simply letting surfers view individual images?

Im not sure i want to block Google from indexing the images on these sites because of the amount of traffic they are actually sending me but it would be nice to make this traffic more productive if possible without having an effect on how much i get.

Anyone got any ideas on what i can do?

Regards,

Lee

Gay is the new Black
    forced pop-under
    Be Who You Are!

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    If the images being shown are all thumbs, why not link them to a buy page before the full image is shown?
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Gay is the new Black
    Google image lets you bypass the page. you can click the icon in the google top window. Never even see the webpage.

Lee, maybe bounce the image, when clicked, to the webpage. Not the image. Sort of a redirect to 3rd party applications.
    Be Who You Are!

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    I think that these images are indexed by google from various pages on sites that Lee owns. I don't know that there is a way he can manipulate them to put popunders or any other type of bounces or redirects without also affecting the other pages that the images are being used in throughout Lee's network of sites.

I don't think it's like a froogle feed where you can adjust what google sees.. I believe it's done by scanning and the site where the image came from has no way to make adjustments to what they see or how it is indexed.

About the best I think you could do is make sure they are watermarked.

Once google indexes them I don't believe you can alter their use to your advantage such as adding popunders, redirects, or links to buy pages, without adversly affecting the original usage of the image.

Watermarking is about the only way I can think of... well i suppose you could do a .htaccess anti hotlinking redirect on them for that subdomain, but it would not take long for big G to see what you are doing and likely cause other residual damage to other domains that have been indexed in association with those images

Xstr8guy
    It looks like Silver Cash has found a way to redirect the traffic. Try to click "See full-size image" in the google bar at the top of this page....

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...IA:en%26sa%3DN

Edit: I guess this isn't Silver Cash.

Gay is the new Black
    That's the "bounce" I was talking about
    Be Who You Are!

I believe that "bounce" is from an anti hotlinking .htaccess redirect on images Since google is essentially hotlinking the image that would be an effective way to redirect traffic in this type of environment.

Is this where I post the .htaccess code so all the lurkers can gain our knowledge?

OR

Is this where I say to PM me for the code?

OR

Is this where someone else will post the code?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

stickyd
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Is this where I post the .htaccess code so all the lurkers can gain our knowledge?

OR

Is this where I say to PM me for the code?

OR

Is this where someone else will post the code?
    I vote for posting the .htaccess code so all the lurkers can gain your knowledge.

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyd View Post
    I vote for posting the .htaccess code so all the lurkers can gain your knowledge.
    I vote no. LOL... IMO, while I wouldn't mind having the script, for the most part, I would much prefer just having the people from the traffic going to my site. First, who wants unwanted visitors, second, why piss google off.
    ICQ# 200-385-093