Thread: Antihotlinking scripts?

Xstr8guy

Antihotlinking scripts?

What is everyone using to stop hotlinking of tour videos?

Please include a url to the script's page... if you don't mind. I'm not looking for a free solution. Money is no object (within reason).

Antihotlinking.com looks good. Has anyone tried it? And where do you send that redirected traffic to moneytize it... Chinese traffic to be exact? LOT'S OF IT! Lol.

THANKS!

Xstr8guy
    Anyone know of a program that actually wants Chinese traffic.

We did go with Antihotlinking.com's script. Now if they would just hurry up and send me the download link.

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Use this generator to generate a standard .htaccess file which will prevent linking to your images from any domain you do not specify...and it also will generate the required mod rewrites to send the hotlinker to another url of your choice

http://www.htmlbasix.com/disablehotlinking.shtml

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by tombarr View Post
    Use this generator to generate a standard .htaccess file which will prevent linking to your images from any domain you do not specify...and it also will generate the required mod rewrites to send the hotlinker to another url of your choice

http://www.htmlbasix.com/disablehotlinking.shtml
    Thanks Tom, but I need something to stop hotlinking of our preview videos not images. We have standard htaccess already. I did decide to go with antihotlinking.com's script. Now I just have to figure out where to send the billions of Chinese visitors that we'll be redirecting.

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Would it be possible to geoIP the chinese out?
    Check for browser language and send them elsewhere (imho .htaccess can do that for ya)

You could setup a banner exchange page where you show banners to them folks and get credit for on the exchange
    Redirect them to a toplist or linkdirectory.

DEV...
    :-D

Xstr8guy
    This is board traffic. And I don't think these boards are actually hosting in China. But the language is definitely Chinese.

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Thanks Tom, but I need something to stop hotlinking of our preview videos not images. We have standard htaccess already. I did decide to go with antihotlinking.com's script. Now I just have to figure out where to send the billions of Chinese visitors that we'll be redirecting.
    I was always under the impression you can specify the file formats of the files to be protected such as .jpg .gif swf, wmv, mov, etc. using the .htaccess method.

rkobcan
    I believe you can tombarr. :thumbsup:

Xstr8guy
    Well, normal htaccess isn't working for us.