Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Charles Barkley ~ Gay marriage ~ CNN WOW!

Charles Barkley ~ Gay marriage ~ CNN WOW!

Hillary Clinton just got an endorsement by Magic Johnson today, and CNN being biased didn't cover that, but rather the endorsement of Obama by Charles Barkley. For some reason Wolf Blitzer decided just now to do a live interview with him.

Barkley goes on to say how the conservatives aren't real Christians because they judge people and how Gay people should be allowed to get married because it's nobodys business what they do in private. Wolf Blitzer then tried to make Barkley backpeddle by pointing out he'll probably be attacked for this and he said "I don't care they don't pay my bills" I LOVE IT!

I just watched this live and go figure it's already on Google news.. check out what they say:
    -----------------------------

NBA legend Charles Barkley took some time on Friday to throw his support behind presidential hopeful Barack Obama and then added a few choice jabs at the Christian right, calling many of them hypocrites for judging others.

Barkley appeared in an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN on Friday and gave reasons behind his support for Obama over Hillary Clinton and then quickly moved into his personal support for gay marriage and a woman’s right to choose.

It was the latter two issues that Barkley berated the Christian right, declaring the formidable group were hypocrites for passing judgment on others, in apparent conflict with their very beliefs.

Blitzer asked Barkley if he was comfortable with the remarks he made and warned him that he would likely get several responses about his comments to which Barkley shrugged of saying, “I don’t work for them.”

Asked why he supported Obama over Clinton the 11-time NBA All-Star noted the need for more black role models outside the arena of sports and entertainment. Barkley took exception to the argument that Obama didn’t carry enough foreign policy experience by noting that the Illinois senator would be surrounded by advisers who would be skilled in such areas. source

What are your thoughts?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    The whole media has been playing favorites this election, and are essentially choosing our president for us. CNN has gotten almost just as bad as Fox News supporting one candidate.

Just today there is an article on Cnn about sexism and racism, and had a picture of someone at a Hillary event holding up a sign that said "Iron my Clothes"

First that was months ago, and do you really think that if it would have been at an Obama event and the sign had said "Shine my Shoes" they would ever be showing it?
    ICQ# 200-385-093

wow - i think it's been years since ANYONE has had this kind of balls in the public eye. go, charlse barkley!

missed your post before, dean.

it's a LOT more acceptable to insult women than to insult black people. no news there. and not only is the news choosing for us, they're also telling us why senators and congress people do things - even though they haven't spoken with them. that allows them to imbue their every act with motives to direct people's beliefs even though in reality the motivation is completely made up by the media.

Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    The whole media has been playing favorites this election, and are essentially choosing our president for us. CNN has gotten almost just as bad as Fox News supporting one candidate.

Just today there is an article on Cnn about sexism and racism, and had a picture of someone at a Hillary event holding up a sign that said "Iron my Clothes"

First that was months ago, and do you really think that if it would have been at an Obama event and the sign had said "Shine my Shoes" they would ever be showing it?

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    Coming from Charles Barkley I'm not surprised, he's quite outspoken

but the media's darling right now is Obama, that's clear as a day

one thing that pisses me off is this pseudo agent of change shit coming from Obama yet he doesn't want Florida delegates to count! I wonder if he were to get nominated would he come to Florida and ask for votes then!

and then there are the moron dems who threw a hissy fit and decided florida votes won't count ... some change

can't wait till we get closer to November when the campaigning gets dirty ...

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    it's a LOT more acceptable to insult women than to insult black people.
    OH YES! There was a behind the scenes threaten of boycott by Michelle Obama a while back because they felt they were being treated unfairly, then all of a sudden CNN and MSNBC turn into the Obama channels.

If Obama was getting the coverage Hillary is getting now... OH MAN you'd see Sharpton and the NAACP on it like flies on shit.

Hillary is being eaten alive in a way that no other candidate has in U.S. History and I feel that a big reason why is the good old boys wanting to beat up on a girl. Do you think the majority of men in power want a woman telling them what to do?

Notice Obamas message: If you don't vote for me you are either racist, or don't want change. Very divisive. Hillarys message: Vote for someone with experience and proven ability to create change.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Definately not! They aren't even covering the "barack the magic negro" controversy that Rush Limbaugh has created. Watching CNN or MSNBC you wouldn't even know it was happening!

Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Did you know that yesterday Magic Johnson endorsed Hillary and was speaking at he stadium filled events with her? No, not covered on any channel but Fox.

CNN and MSNBC also glazed over the fact that Obama has paid over $690,000 to super delegates, most of which support him now.

Big mistake on the Florida and Michigan votes and delegates. How on earth could a party decide that two states, and millions of votes, will not count? Ridiculous.

I'm liking Barkleys message. Totally cool. I like this quote from him in an interview he did in 2006 "I think if they want to get married, God bless them," Barkley said. "Gay marriage is probably 1 percent of the population, so it's not like it's going to be an epidemic. Hey, trust me, I'm never going to kiss you and say, 'Chris, you're sexy."' and this one “Religious people in general are so discriminatory against other people, and that really disturbs me. My idea of religion is we all love and respect. We all sin, but we still have common decency and respect for other people. So right now I'm struggling with my idea of what religion is.” source

Quote Originally Posted by jIgG View Post
    Coming from Charles Barkley I'm not surprised, he's quite outspoken

but the media's darling right now is Obama, that's clear as a day

one thing that pisses me off is this pseudo agent of change shit coming from Obama yet he doesn't want Florida delegates to count! I wonder if he were to get nominated would he come to Florida and ask for votes then!

and then there are the moron dems who threw a hissy fit and decided florida votes won't count ... some change

can't wait till we get closer to November when the campaigning gets dirty ...

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    Barkley rules! He's always been one to voice his opinion and seems to really have a level head. Plus, his nickname "Round Mound Of Rebound" is one of the best ever imo.

--Chubbs

Am i gay? Am i straight? And then i realized ... I'm just slutty. shelmal's Avatar
    Oh please just a month or so ago the media had decided that Hillary was our next president and they were shoving her down our throats now its "oh poor Hillary they aren't covering her" Personally i think they are both getting the same amount of coverage although i admit that obama may be getting a bit more. you know why? because its a bigger story. Obama comes from behind and is now on a roll. Of course that's news. Hillary is..well the same old thing we've seen for years.

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    I voted for Obama. I don't watch CNN, or Faux, or any other news station.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    It's ironic that Fox news is covering Hillary more than Obama. (Don't know that that is true..haven't been watching those channels..but seems to be the consensus here).

Saw a hysterical cartoon yesterday...had Hillary in one of her store front campaign offices with everyone inside watching a tv with Obama on it..and outside the storefront on the sidewalk was Ann Coulter holding a "Hillary for President" sign..

Hillary goes "We're doomed!"

Obama is a media created story. They created his "momentum" with every news cast. Oddly enough with his "momentum" out of the 9million or so votes they've got each there's about 50,000 votes separating them.

I've been addicted to the coverage since coming back to the U.S. flipping between CNN, MSNBC and Fox. They created his being the victim of racism by the Clintons. And now what's the latest media creation to favor Obama? Supporters randomly fainting during events I'm so sick of corporate controlled media favoring candidates in elections.

Quote Originally Posted by shelmal View Post
    Oh please just a month or so ago the media had decided that Hillary was our next president and they were shoving her down our throats now its "oh poor Hillary they aren't covering her" Personally i think they are both getting the same amount of coverage although i admit that obama may be getting a bit more. you know why? because its a bigger story. Obama comes from behind and is now on a roll. Of course that's news. Hillary is..well the same old thing we've seen for years.

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

LOL that's funny. It is ironic about faux news. I was watching them today and they had 5 commentators on about the elections, 3 of which were black. I swear that's the most black people I've seen on faux news at one time ever! Serves them right to have to eat a bit of crow now after being so far right, for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansized View Post
    It's ironic that Fox news is covering Hillary more than Obama. (Don't know that that is true..haven't been watching those channels..but seems to be the consensus here).

Saw a hysterical cartoon yesterday...had Hillary in one of her store front campaign offices with everyone inside watching a tv with Obama on it..and outside the storefront on the sidewalk was Ann Coulter holding a "Hillary for President" sign..

Hillary goes "We're doomed!"

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    I am with Squirt on this one. This election is complete bullshit. I am pro-Hillary, but was kinda leaning towards, well I will vote for Obama if he goes to the general election. That all changed when he had the arrogance to say that he is certain he could get every vote Hillary could get, but she couldn't do the same. From that one speech, I don't care if I have a choice between pro-life, anti gay marriage Mike Huckabee and Obama, I will NOT vote for Obama. If it is between electing Bush to a third term (I know, it cannot happen), and Obama, I will be voting for Bush.

First if you look at Barack Obama's voting record, its very clear, he has a record of not voting. Serious issues that need to be voted on, he doesn't vote. He has been in the US senate for 3 years, and spent over a year of that time campaigning for another office. He has little to no experience, it would be like promoting a data entry clerk to CEO of a fortune 500 company, it just doesn't happen.

</rant>

EDIT: Sorry to be so blunt here, but you think that Hillary can unite the republican party, wait until you have a black man running. They will be out voting in HUGE number for the GOP. Obama also hasn't experienced the Republican attack machine, he says he is ready because he faced the Clinton's, fact is, every time the Clinton's attack him, he, and the media, pull out the race card. In the general election, it won't work, the GOP will not care how much he screams race.

</rant> really this time!
    ICQ# 200-385-093