Thread: What is the difference between links?

Making Pain Pay!

What is the difference between links?

I was reading a blog today and it kept talking about the importance of having different types of links on your site. I understood the lingo about anchor links, etc. but then they started talking about PR1 and PR8 links, etc. and I had no clue what they are talking about. When I google the terms, all I find are sites selling PR links.

Can anyone help me out and tell me what they are and why I might want/or don't want them?

THanks.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

:whip:

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    PR Links are incoming links from sites with Page Rank. The higher the PR, the better benefit to you, on the surface. It also will depend on how many links are leaving that site, on how much PR will be transfered to you. It also used to mean that a site with PR was listed in Google's Cache, however today it doesn't mean its listed in the main index, so checking to see what pages are cached is as important.

Some will argue its important, others will disagree. The main criteria today, so many will say, is if the site linking to you is of importance, if the link is natural. Paid Links are frowned upon by Google, as they prefer links that are natural, meaning it makes sense for site A to link to you, not because of money. It is supposed to improve relevancy of the link.

hth
    Ian :morning:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

Making Pain Pay!
    Thanks. So a PR1 link is better than a PR8, etc. Makes sense. Thanks.
    TropixxxCash.com is a CCBill affiliate program for the male spanking and punishment site TropixxxVIP.com.

Am I Bitter?...Absolutely nicedreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    Thanks. So a PR1 link is better than a PR8, etc. Makes sense. Thanks.
    No, thats backwards.

Jimmy

Gay Amateur Paysites / Solo Twink Paysite
    Nice Dreams Cash
    http://www.nicedreamscash.com

Making Pain Pay!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicedreams View Post
    No, thats backwards.

Jimmy
    THanks. That about sums up my life in general too! ;o)

:yeah:

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by TropixxxStudios View Post
    THanks. That about sums up my life in general too! ;o)

:yeah:
    Join the club.

Seriously Page Rank is very debatable as how valuable it is to a page and it's results in the Search Engine.

It's actually one of the lesser known secrets as Google. However, no one knows for sure just how important it is in Google's search.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PageRan...Rank_algorithm
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis