Thread: Reproduction Without Men

Duggy

Reproduction Without Men

I know that a lot of us aren't in the business of, or care for, reproduction in general. But I just read this article and it's kind of sick. Check it -

"SCIENTISTS in England say they may have found a way to produce sperm from a woman's bone marrow, effectively cutting men out of the reproductive cycle.
    Newcastle upon Tyne University says the stem cell research focuses on so-called 'mother' cells, which can transform into any other type of cell.

A professor from the university has applied for permission to start experiments and could be doing so within months.

New Scientist magazine said the process could transform a woman's bone marrow to sperm through the addition of certain chemicals and vitamins.

Theoretically, a lesbian couple could both be biological parents to a new child after using their own bone marrow to create sperm.

Critics say the research has not yet been tested, and would still be years away from being a viable treatment for infertility.

If the treatmant was ever used there would be even less men contributing to the reproduction pool, as the absence of a Y-chromosome in the female sperm would make it impossible to create male children. "

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...-23272,00.html

Less men?! WTF England.

:bunnypancake: ,

Duggy

Totally cool. I want my next child to be a girl. I read something somewhere about men being able to do the same thing, in a different way, and something about the male body being able to carry a child and give birth via cesarean.

Interesting times we live in.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com