Thread: Do You Use Paysite Review Sites?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Do You Use Paysite Review Sites?

As an affiliate looking to promote a programs site, or sites, do you use review sites to gauge whether or not a specific paysite will work well on your traffic sources?

I was just checking out a review of a site i liked the look of on the outside over at Rabbits Reviews but when i read/saw what was actually inside the site in terms of content ive decided not to even bother.

That made me wonder, do you folks use review sites to judge whether or not a site is worth promoting as an affiliate?

Regards,

Lee

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    It depends on the review site. I met Rabbit a couple times over the years at shows and got to talk to him about the quality/honesty of his reviews. Also, knowing that basschick does a lot of reviews for gaydemon makes me secure in his reviews. So those 2 sites, definitely yes. The rest I am not so sure about.

Hope this helps.

--Chubbs

Camper than a row of tents
    Yes, if a review mentions something that turns me off (like a really high membership price or the use of DRM) I might not bother to click through. But if the niche is something I really like I'll click through no matter what they say.

I read a lot of reviews and rarely see negative ones so I kind of figured out that reviewers have a vested interest in my clicking through (this is before I knew about affiliate marketing).

just because a site gets a good review it does not mean it will sell well, or vice versa!

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilihost View Post
    just because a site gets a good review it does not mean it will sell well, or vice versa!
    You can get a decent idea of retention however.

Like Chubbs, I usually check out gaydemon and rabbits before I market a revshare site.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

i don't, as a rule, but if i find out a site has 8 videos and doesn't update, that might convince me to pass if it's not the world's scarcest niche.