Thread: Visa to go public this year

Visa to go public this year

NEW YORK (AP) — Visa said Monday it expects to raise almost $19 billion from an initial public offering, which would easily become the largest IPO in U.S. history.

San Francisco-based Visa Inc. said in a Securities and Exchange Commission filing it will offer 406.6 million shares at $37 to $42 per share. There will be an option for its underwriters to buy an extra 40.6 million shares to cover any excess demand.

The filing also showed rival credit card companies MasterCard Inc. and American Express Co. trailing Visa in transactions in 2006.

At $18.76 billion, the Visa IPO of up to 447.2 million Class A shares would surpass the $10.6 billion AT&T Wireless offering in 2000. It would be almost as big as the two largest past deals combined — AT&T's offering and Kraft Foods' $8.7 billion offer in 2001.

Visa would follow Mastercard from being a privately held interest to a publicly traded company. Mastercard raised $2.39 billion in its IPO nearly two years ago.

At a midpoint price, Visa could raise about $15.6 billion, or more than $17 billion if underwriters exercise their option to buy the entire lot of 40.6 million shares.

Shares of Mastercard have risen fivefold since going public and are now trading at more than $203 each.

Visa made its initial IPO filing in June with the SEC. source

----------

Do you think this will effect Visa processing for adult sites?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Cheerful Agnostic
    Visa is already so strict that I couldn't image this making it worse.

I'll probably buy some stock.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    This Visa IPO is going to be the next Google, share prices are going to skyrocket and have been anticipated to do so over the past 2 years whilst rumors about the IPO date have been floating around.

Im definately going to be throwing a couple of grand towards this IPO and expect to at least double my money within the first couple of months.

Regards,

Lee

~ Thumb Post Media ~ CharlieBrown's Avatar
    very interresting, im gonna buy a pile

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    This Visa IPO is going to be the next Google, share prices are going to skyrocket and have been anticipated to do so over the past 2 years whilst rumors about the IPO date have been floating around.

Im definately going to be throwing a couple of grand towards this IPO and expect to at least double my money within the first couple of months.
    Right when Mastercard went public in early 06 they opened at around $50 a share, now they are over $200, and in their first year they got up to about $150
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN.
    I will be in on this buy for sure!

~ Thumb Post Media ~ CharlieBrown's Avatar
    wonder how many stocks mastercard had when they went public