Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know how to get in touch with TakemyTaco?

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar

Does anyone know how to get in touch with TakemyTaco?

He posted on the 'other' board, and he asked for his user name to be deleted there. He seemed like a really nice guy, and I tried searching for him here, does anyone know how to get a hold of him, and perhaps invite him to come over here and play with us? :mexican:
    ICQ# 200-385-093

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Here's a Myspace link for him:

http://www.myspace.com/takemytaco

and a Youtube profile for him:

http://www.youtube.com/takemytaco

Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Here's a Myspace link for him:

http://www.myspace.com/takemytaco

and a Youtube profile for him:

http://www.youtube.com/takemytaco
    Awesome, thanks, I sent him a message on Myspace
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Think big. Shoot hard.
    I have him on my MSN. I will talk to him later today.

Speaking of that "other" board I saved some of the many threads that got deleted, I mean censored. Wonder if I should put them on Ebay?

j/k
    lloyd
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

It's great that you saved them. I was hoping someone did.

In the last 36 hours, I've emailed Mark twice and IMed him 3 times. Each time, he's showed online and available, yet he's avoided responding... and this was before JP banned me.

It's a real pity that Mark is allowing JP to run things into the ground over there. I was trying to give Mark a chance to discuss things and talk about what his goals are, as the owner of that community.

I believe that having two healthy gay webmaster communities is a good thing, and I really don't want to see either of them suffer... but I simply don't understand the logic of allowing a "moderator" to repeatedly refer to members of the community as "asshats" and "blubbercunts" and the like. That is, unless the goal is to create another GFY, and that's a rather pointless exercise.

I believe that having two healthy gay webmaster communities is a good thing, and I really don't want to see either of them suffer... but I simply don't understand the logic of allowing a "moderator" to repeatedly refer to members of the community as "asshats" and "blubbercunts" and the like. That is, unless the goal is to create another GFY, and that's a rather pointless exercise.
    Was that place ever healthy?

I think Lee should assimilate some of the cool features.. like the members home pages, galleries, etc. for GWW.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post

I think Lee should assimilate some of the cool features.. like the members home pages, galleries, etc. for GWW.
    Wait until we launch our Web 2.0 version very soon, its jam-packed with neat features

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    It's never been ideal, but I guess what I'm saying is that if Mark actually stepped in and got somebody competent to moderate the thing, or if they actually published a policy of what the rules and policies are as they stand, then at least people would know the ground rules they are working with, and taht would go a long way. There are some great people who post there, but the signal-to-noise is often so over the top, and the threadjacking so common, that it's hard to do any business, or find the useful nuggets of information.

It appears, from what I've been able to discern, that under the current moderation policy flaming (including flaming by the moderator) and arguments between two people back and forth are perfectly fine, but trying to get clarity and transparency on the moderation policy is not. One day, Mark says he is against the removal of threads, and in the next 36 hours, 4 threads are removed.

I mean, to each his own and all that, but one of the most frustrating things is a community where the enforcement of policy and rules is completely arbitrary at the whim of the moderator. And the sad thing is, I'm afraid that what will end up happening is that the community will degenerate into a noisefest where the only thing present is drama. If that's what Mark wants, then more power to him... he's well on his way. But I can't imagine that being a successful business model. It works for GFY only because of the volume of traffic they have. I don't think it will work for a smaller webmaster community.

Think big. Shoot hard.

It's a real pity that Mark is allowing JP to run things into the ground over there.
    That about sums it up.

The "disappearing" threads just drove me over the edge. If you ever want to read a thread later at GMS make sure you do file save as in FF otherwise there is a REAL good chance the thread will be gone when you go to read it.

I was replying to a joke Adam made in one thread. When I hit the submit button the thread was gone. Talk about censorship. Jeez!
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

desslock
    For the record.... takemytaco can take my taco anywhere he wants!

Steve

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by desslock View Post
    For the record.... takemytaco can take my taco anywhere he wants!

Steve
    MINE too. Have you seen HIS Taco?

Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    MINE too. Have you seen HIS Taco?
    I haven't, do share! I did see his boxer pics on myspace though! :bananacock: :bananacock:
    ICQ# 200-385-093

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar

In the last 36 hours, I've emailed Mark twice and IMed him 3 times. Each time, he's showed online and available, yet he's avoided responding... and this was before JP banned me.

It's a real pity that Mark is allowing JP to run things into the ground over there. I was trying to give Mark a chance to discuss things and talk about what his goals are, as the owner of that community.
    YOU were banned????

oh god that means it has gotten even worse. I love Mark but I completely stopped posting there months ago due to the total lack of any sort of control. When it when from freedom to free for all I decided to completely disassociate from it, and I don't even lurk to see what is going on.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    YOU were banned????
    That about sums it up. Of all people to get banned, it was Chip.:uhoh:
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    That about sums it up. Of all people to get banned, it was Chip.:uhoh:
    I think I am next.