And what did you think of them? Note that if you feel you may reveal key information about the movie, to write SPOILERS in it.

I've seen both Cloverfield, and Jumper, and yes, there are some SPOILERS, so if you haven't seen them, then don't read this posting.

I was somewhere between disappointed and annoyed with Cloverfield. The entire movie in shot like Blair Witch, in that everything takes place from one camcorder, which is the only camera angel. The monster looks like a cross between an insectoid and the orcs from LOTR, as they first emerged from the goop. They spend maybe a minute or so, merely speculating where it's from, but never really explain it, and the story's more of a "OMG, WTF happened?!?" That's about it.

Jumper was a lot better, IMO. It's nice to see Hayden "Anakin Skywalker" Christensen in a new role. I really liked the concept of a race of teleporters. They did an ok job of explaining the story, and that the hunters were a group of zealots who basically feel that only God should have such extreme powers. Any others are mocking God, and are an abomination. It was especially surprising to learn at the end that his mom was one of the hunters, and chose to leave him with the dad, instead of kill her son!
:square: