Thread: Interesting article on mistakes in business..

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar

Interesting article on mistakes in business..

I was researching online tonight about a new business venture I am working on, and I found this interesting article. While it is written for the clothing industry, it has some VERY good points and tips that cross over to any industry, and I thought I would share it with you guys:

http://www.dobizo.com/starting-your-...e-a-must-read/
    ICQ# 200-385-093

someone there posted one i see all the time in our industry and many others:

"Hyping up your line while not prepared to deliver yet. "

sites open when they're not finished. programs unleash their new versions without beta testing and end up with non working link and plenty of other problems - and a damaged reputation. the list really does go on and on.

thanks for posting this, dean.

Funny, I've been working on a long post for GWW about how the two biggest mistakes you can make are (1) listening to the opinions of people who are not paid members of your site and (2) fucking with the formula.

It's very true how people make really dumb mistakes and waste a lot of time and lose a lot of money.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Think big. Shoot hard.
    One of the dumbest mistakes anyone can make is listening to conventional wisdom.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    One of the dumbest mistakes anyone can make is listening to conventional wisdom.
    Too bad everyone has a different definition of "conventional"
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    Too bad everyone has a different definition of "conventional"
    Exactly my point. If everyone followed conventional wisdom no body would get anything done.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis