Thread: Bio Hazard and Black Scorpion Tattoos on models?

Getting your surfers off since 1997

Bio Hazard and Black Scorpion Tattoos on models?

A few days ago I read an article on a *bug chaser site that HIV poz guys that a bio hazard tattoo or a black scorpion tattoo are guys that have been infected with the virus and this is there way of showing others that they have HIV.

Now I was going through some promo materials from a couple of well known bareback studios and found that a few of the models they use have these types of tattoos. So if this is well known in that particular sub-culture does the producer know or are they trying market to this irresponsible sub-culture.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

*Bugchasing is a slang term for a subculture of gay men who desire, and actively pursue HIV infection.
    David
    Affiliate Manager
    http://www.boydollars.com
    AIM:FinelineDave
    (888)429-3837 TOLL FREE

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    I noticed the biohazard sign as well on quite a few openly poz guys in some communities on the net
    :-D

It's weird that one group would take refracted light. Pretty greedy, gays. EonFilms_Rocky's Avatar
    I have a black scorpion, but thats because im a Scorpio, not because of hiv. in fact, most scorpios that i know have a scorpion tattooed on their body somewhere.

i have heard the bio-hazard rumor.
    AIM: EonFilmsSDiego
    AIM Mobile: BeachBoiSDiego
    Yahoo: sandiegoartpunk
    MSN Messenger: beachboi4free@hotmail.com
    Phone: 619-944-6383
    MySpace: www.myspace.com/eonfilms & www.myspace.com/mynameisrocky

The biohazard tattoo doesn't ALWAYS mean that. They could be a fan of the metal band Biohazard. They could also be making a political statement about HIV in society. Or they could be like those idiots who think they're getting the Chinese symbols for "Power and Strength" but it really means "Bag of Rice with Cheap Fruit."

I was going to get that tattooed on myself when I was 21 because I thought that (a) it was a cool symbol and (b) people told me that being gay was a disease so I was being kinda "in yer face" about it.

Glad I didn't do it.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Here is another site that has over 4500 users

http://bugshare.net/

Here are a few posts that i found that are way creapy.....

"at 19 years of age, I can honestly say that stds get me horny. I'm so new to this, but hearing stories about aids and other stds makes my dick throb. I imagine myself as an older man, being poz and infecting other guys with my dick. some of my fantasies are really twisted.. I'm neg, living in fla. if any twisted poz guys wanna be my friend, just email me at "

"Oh man, I love catching STDs! I've had them all at some point, and always try my best to spread my infections. For me it's not enough that I'm out there collecting as many strains of HIV and AIDS as I can, but the thrill of catching and spreading other STDs gets my dick so hard. "

Postings like the above literally ruined my day after reading them..
    David
    Affiliate Manager
    (888)429-3837 TOLL FREE

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fineline View Post
    A few days ago I read an article on a *bug chaser site that HIV poz guys that a bio hazard tattoo or a black scorpion tattoo are guys that have been infected with the virus and this is there way of showing others that they have HIV.

Now I was going through some promo materials from a couple of well known bareback studios and found that a few of the models they use have these types of tattoos. So if this is well known in that particular sub-culture does the producer know or are they trying market to this irresponsible sub-culture.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

*Bugchasing is a slang term for a subculture of gay men who desire, and actively pursue HIV infection.
    The biohazard sign has been openly acknowledge for years within the gay community to mean that someone is HIZ positive. It's the first time I've every heard of a black scorpion having any meaning other than the individual is a Scorpio.

As for bug chasing and gift giving, that's also been around for a long time. I think it's kinda stupid and we have a very strict policy at HDK of never using anyone who mentions it to us either in a model application or during an interview. In fact we ask their opinion about both.

All of our films and box covers clearly state that "If you are HIV- you need to do everything you can to stay that way".

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by hdkbill View Post
    The biohazard sign has been openly acknowledge for years within the gay community to mean that someone is HIZ positive.
    I'd never head of this until now and I'm part of the Gay community.

I thought the motto in the Gay community was to always state your status to partners, not assume they knew it because of a tattoo?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Keep in mind that there are a lot of poz guys who have that tattoo simply because they got tired of trying to form meaningful relationships with neg guys, only to have them freak out and disappear after learning the guy was poz. At what point to you tell someone? If you do it when you first meet them do you come off as trying to chase them away? If you wait too long you're accused of "hiding" it. It can't be easy. So the tattoo was just a way of putting it out there and pretty much saying "I'm poz, and if you can deal with that then we can proceed."

I don't think the tattoo has anything to do with the bug catcher/chaser thing except for the fact that people in the bug catcher/chaser scene who are poz might have them. But really, not all poz guys are into that scene.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Hi Don,
    I would never assume all POZ guys are into that scene. That would be just as bad as saying all gay men listen to Barbara. I was just a little shocked when i saw the bug chasing sites. It's totally horrifying that people are wanting to be infected as well as people willing to do the infecting. How seriously Fucked is that?

I just don't understand a young man seeking out HIV. To me its like your throwing your life away before you even know what life is. I just have a very difficult time understanding it.

So today I was looking at some stats and found this site called http://www.raw-ride.com/ If you go to this site you'll see its a bareback site that uses the bio hazard symbol in the background images. Whats that about? Does this mean the producer/web designer knows that it represents HIV/AIDS and this is how they intend on marketing the site? I'm a little confused at that one...
    David
    Affiliate Manager
    (888)429-3837 TOLL FREE

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Hi David. I totally don't understand the whole bug chasing culture myself. Well, maybe that's not true. I remember being at an age where I was looking for any kind of acceptance. Feeling really lonely and depressed it's easy to get sucked into a scene where people treat you like you're cool or sexy. That's the way cults work. They target people who have a great need for love and acceptance and use those as tools to indoctrinate them into becoming cash cows and free labor for the people who run the cults. The bug chasers get into it because of the promise of tons of sex, free from the restraints of condom use. When you're young you never think about the repercussions of your actions. The bug chasers are thinking about all the hot sex and acceptance they are getting now. They are just not thinking about the medications, doctor visits and medical fees they will have to face later.

The postings that David mentioned earlier are disturbing to say the least. And what's even more disturbing is the idea that they may be made by someone who is trying to shape people's habits in order to gain more popularity for the site or the culture moreso than someone who really feels this way. I often worry that some of these really extreme groups begin by someone posting fantasy as fact and others following their lead by trying to fit in.
    Don Mike
    DonMikeCali@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by fineline View Post
    I just don't understand a young man seeking out HIV. To me its like your throwing your life away before you even know what life is.
    When people don't feel loved or valued by society and loved ones it's easy to do one of two things 1) become angry at the world around you and lash out or 2) hate yourself and become self destructive, you can even do both.

There are a lot of other options in life when you're on the Gay fringe of society, but they aren't as easy to pursue as those listed above, especially without the love and support of family.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com