Thread: mccain endorsed by world-class bigot

mccain endorsed by world-class bigot

it's not often that the catholic church and the democrats find this much in common, is it? and mccain is proud of the "spiritual leadership" of a man who spouts lies and hate speech. nice spiritual leadership, there

"John McCain is refusing to renounce the endorsement of a prominent Texas televangelist who Democrats say peddles anti-Catholic and other intolerant speech."

"Democrats quoted Hagee as saying the Catholic Church conspired with Nazis against the Jews and that Hurricane Katrina was God's retribution for homosexual sin, and they recited his demeaning comments about women and flip remarks about slavery."

"McCain was pressed on the issue Friday morning in Round Rock, Texas. Hagee "supports what I stand for and believe in," McCain said.

"When he endorses me, that does not mean that I endorse everything that he stands for and believes in," McCain said. "I don't have to agree with everyone who endorses my campaign."

He added that he was "proud" of Hagee's spiritual leadership of his congregation at the 17,000-member Cornerstone Church.

The Catholic League and Catholics United called on McCain to reject the endorsement."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080301/.../mccain_pastor

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    "Democrats quoted Hagee as saying the Catholic Church conspired with Nazis against the Jews...

Well that part is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskonkordat

The Reichskonkordat was ratified on September 10, 1933. In the Concordat, the German government achieved a complete proscription of all clerical interference in the political field (articles 16 and 32). It also ensured the bishops' loyalty to the state by an oath and required all priests to be Germans and subject to German superiors. Restrictions were also placed on the Catholic organisations.

Most historians consider the Reichskonkordat an important step toward the international acceptance of Adolf Hitler's Nazi regime.[4] Guenter Lewy, political scientist and author of The Catholic Church and Nazi Germany, wrote:

"There is general agreement that the Concordat increased substantially the prestige of Hitler's regime around the world. As Cardinal Faulhaber put it in a sermon delivered in 1937: "At a time when the heads of the major nations in the world faced the new Germany with cool reserve and considerable suspicion, the Catholic Church, the greatest moral power on earth, through the Concordat expressed its confidence in the new German government. This was a deed of immeasurable significance for the reputation of the new government abroad."

well, it's true according to wikipedia - where i've found many historical inaccuracies or pure fiction. and this guy apparently says that katrina is retribution against homosexual sin :-/

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar
    Whether they 'conspired' is up for debate, and many local priests helped many Jews during the Nazi time, but far more turned their backs on the plight, in order to keep their churches safe from looting, and repossession by the Nazi's. Anyone who lived through that period, if still alive, will bear witness to how the Church aided, tacitly, the Nazi extermination plans.
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Patti,

The Catholic church did in fact conspire with the Nazi party for many years until it was found out the SS was starting to dabble in witch craft and parts of the occult in order to further their (Nazi) powers at which time the Catholic church decided to stop assisting the party.

There have been many works of fiction about this, the most recent one i recall is the movie HellBoy where there are several scenes dealing with the Nazi partys interest in the powers of the occult.

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    well, it's true according to wikipedia - where i've found many historical inaccuracies or pure fiction. and this guy apparently says that katrina is retribution against homosexual sin :-/
    I am certainly not endorsing everything this religious wacko says. But what happened with the catholic curch in nazi Germany is a well known fact. And I realize that not everything on Wikipedia is true, however most good articles have properly sourced referrences.