Thread: Things to do in Phoenix

Camper than a row of tents

Things to do in Phoenix

The last time I was in Phoenix was about 10 years ago so I was wondering if a current resident (Chad?) or someone could remind me about things to do when not at the Forum. Specifically, what are the "hot" gay bars there right now?

chad lives in San Francisco now.

I find it's best to just follow the crowd once you get there.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Dzinerbear
    I found the Forum to be pretty isolated. It cost me almost $80 to get a cab to and from a bath house, and I think it was about $30 to head downtown. But check the web before you head off because I think Phoenix's gay pride weekend falls around the Forum dates, or it did a couple of years back when I attended.

Michael

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Cabs are pretty hard to get in phoenix if I am not mistaken.
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by abostonboy View Post
    Cabs are pretty hard to get in phoenix if I am not mistaken.
    They are, fortunately, ive been in contact with the guy who was driving me around last year all weekend and he's gonna be on call for me all show long if i need him :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

Camper than a row of tents
    I'll probably have a rental car since I couldn't get into the host hotel. Last time I was in Phoenix it was during a big gay pride event held in Tempe. I'm pretty sure it was in June, but again, that was about 10 years ago. I was just curious what bars and nightclubs are popular there right now. Its hard to get that kind of unbiased info from the gay travel sites. Locals usually are more honest.

Maybe I'll drop into a Gay.com chat room and ask around if no one on this board knows.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I just spoke to the driver Duggy and I will be using in Phoenix and he said so long as there are no conflicts in timing, he'd be happy to work with a few of you folks who are going also but i get first dibs on pickups and drop-offs.

If you want his info shoot me over a PM and ill send his cell number over.

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Cabs are few, far between and expensive in Phoenix. A rental car is probably a good idea if you are not staying within walking distance of the Palms or if you plan to leave the area.

I think the art fair will be going on and Phoenix Pride is April 12 and 13th http://www.phoenixpride.org/index.cfm so unless you plan to stay an extra 2 weeks you will miss out.
    Dicks Cabaret now has titties. The gay strip club moved to a different location even farther from the Mission Palms and I can honestly say I have not been to it yet.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

I like cocks better than you!
    When is the Phoenix Forum?

Madame0120

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by chadknowslaw View Post
    The gay strip club moved to a different location even farther from the Mission Palms and I can honestly say I have not been to it yet.
    Ooo I still have that raincheck from you from the last Forum. Big Blue .. seats 8 But I don't drive it, and I don't think Roy really wants to see dicks a waggin'.

Well, other than his own, of course. :innocent: