Thread: I Dont Understand Affiliate Programs That Do This..

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

I Dont Understand Affiliate Programs That Do This..

Make you wait before giving you your linking codes so you can start promoting their offerings.

I mean really, they either want affiliates, or dont.

It isnt like there arent another 100,000 programs to choose from, why cant programs make it easier for affiliates to signup and start promoting them instead of having to wait for 'approval'?

Regards,

Lee

I've always been openly gay. It would never occur to me to behave otherwise.
    It makes complete sense to me. The number of of affiliates who enroll just to poke around inside as well as the number that join with sites that we don't want to be associated with is pretty large. Not to mention the long list of scammer affiliates that have to be declined. Yes there are those that never, ever promote a thing (hell they aren't even real affiliates) just surfers that want all the images, preview movies etc that being an affiliate gives them access to. And of course there are those that follow the trend that indicates they should join sites that they are affiliates to so that they get cash and a discount on their membership.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Alex,

That makes sense if you are a paysite affiliate program, but not something like DVD sales or sex toys.

Regards,

Lee

it makes sense if you want to be able to check that there is really a site at the site url - i get affilates who sign up and just have a page that says something like "under contruction" on it. and if they have no site, seems like a risk of spam.

also i check the site listed when they sign up, and sometimes find serious violations of our terms and conditions. by not having an auto signup process, programs can keep webmasters whose sites violate their terms from actively promoting their program.

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    mainstream is even worse

i had to get grilled by two affiliate managers before they even approved my account

not sure if does them any good but they do it.

Camper than a row of tents
    I agree with Lee. I'm kind of new at this but so far have developed this list for what I consider to be sponsor "best practices":

1. Make it as quick and easy as possible to sign up. CCBill sites seem to be the best at this so far.

2. Offer affiliate sections on their site that makes it easy to download photos to add to your blog. Also good are email updates, but with the affiliate sections you can get older photo sets and do more promoting.

3. Provide a variety of high quality photos (not video screen grabs) that include a face shot, full nude frontal, full nude rear and some hard-on shots.

3. Offer model bios as text that can be added or re-written in your blog.

4. Offer long cookie time frames and competitive commission rates.

5. Update their content at least once a week.

6. Respond to email from your affiliates as soon as possible.

In turn, I think affiliates need to:

1. Have an actual blog or site that is updated at least daily.

2. Not expect a free or discounted membership to the sites you promote.

3. Don't use an extensive amount of content from the sponsor. Just because they give you 20 pics does not mean you need to use all 20.

4. Respond to email from your sponsors as soon as possible.

If both sides did all these things everybody could be happy and make money. Or maybe I'm too new at this and just being naive.

Board Whore
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Manifest_M View Post
    It makes complete sense to me. The number of of affiliates who enroll just to poke around inside as well as the number that join with sites that we don't want to be associated with is pretty large. Not to mention the long list of scammer affiliates that have to be declined. Yes there are those that never, ever promote a thing (hell they aren't even real affiliates) just surfers that want all the images, preview movies etc that being an affiliate gives them access to. And of course there are those that follow the trend that indicates they should join sites that they are affiliates to so that they get cash and a discount on their membership.
    Well said Alex.

stickyd
    We have an auto-approval signup at OrgyCash, but we're in the process of changing this because of CC fraud--guys in Russia and Asia jacking in dozens of sales a day through stolen cards.

A group of scammers working together but with different affiliate accounts can blow up your chargeback ratios, and before you know it, you have violated the terms of agreement with Mastercard or Visa. And with every chargeback, you also pay a 30 EUR fee on top of the original charge itself. Enough people use affiliate programs unscrupulously, which costs us money and threatens our billing system, that unfortunatly we're going to have to move to a manual approval system.