Thread: I Am So Naive, It Is Scary

Words paint the real picture gaystoryman's Avatar

Big Grin I Am So Naive, It Is Scary

Oiy vey, all the drama these days is enough to give an old fart a headache. I mean not like being in the Adult Industry isn't enough, we now have to enjoy the drama of what is, what isn't censorship. We have to endure the personality conflicts or the power trips of some, to be known as THE PLAYER ONLINE.

I am naive and a dreamer I guess. :innocent:

Seriously, I got into this business as a lark over a decade ago, when forums were only tiny glimmers in some Geek's eyes. Now look at us, living in these dusty corridors as if they were real. Trouble is, they are to many of us, a sort of home, or huge apartment complex. We meet down in the lobby, schmooze for a bit, talk some business, make some money, and are all happy campers. Or are we?

I try to keep a low profile, which does sort of make me wonder, what the hell am I doing in a business forum? I mean I just want to ply my trade, meet some new friends, have a bit of a lark and joke, so why should any of this BS bother me? It really shouldn't, and yet it does.

I am tired of the climate of fear that is being generated, not just here or there, but everywhere. I see it in Government, in Religion, and now it has invaded my quiet space, my online home. It feels odd to read posts where a guy hopes he isn't out of line for posting the names of other forums, because they are competition. That bothers me, because I remember the old classic Miracle on 34th Street, and I wonder, what the hell is wrong with saying GMS GFY GWW or Netpond or whatever?

Each forum has its own style, its own ambiance, so why should it matter? Is Lee going to lose advertising dollars because I mention a tutorial I wrote at some other forum? I doubt it, nor will they lose any revenue if I mention how GWW has some good gay contacts, or GMS for that matter.

Damn I am naive, because I believe that it isn't about WHO answers the phone, but what they say that counts. I believe that shrill screams of censorship, while creating a climate of intimidation and subservience is unbecoming anyone, gay or straight.

If someone wants to disagree, hell why not? I don't profess to have the answers, nor does anyone else. We have our opinions, and should be allowed to express them, without fear of retaliation, of penalty simply because those opinions are contrary to the one who has their finger on the ban button. Be too dull if everyone agreed with everyone else. Be hard to fume and release all those pent up emotions, if spirited debate didn't happen. And yet that is what some want, go figure. :morning:

I am a dreamer, because I believe we all need to take responsibility for our actions, whether as a writer, an owner, or a bag boy at the local supermarket. I am tired of all the political cover, the spin, and it makes these old halls rather dismal looking. I hate dull colors, i like the bright lights of being happy, being involved, being engaged in open, free, honest dialogue.

I am naive, because I think all this will die down, but then there is the bright side to all this too. I get lots more material for stories, so that makes my job easier. :kickcan:
    Webmasters: Add Custom Stories To Your Sites Custom Gay Stories

My Blogs Gay Talk, Free Gay Fiction, Erotic Fiction Online

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    One thing that seems to be a constant in this industry.

People have short memories. (Too much weed?)

Think the Cybersocket/AVN/Gay Phoenix forum brouhaha, the various straight programs accused of shaving (with proof) on GFY, the Cybersocket auditing controversy, the Brent Corrigan matter, various other things... it seems that practically *anything*, no matter how heinous, eventually is forgotten and people go back to same old same old.

In that way I don't think you're naive. The only difference here, is the offenses continue to mount every day instead of being something where the problem gets resolved and people have to forgive and let the situation heal. If the problem actually gets resolved, then the healing can begin, so in that way, there's always hope... and hope (in my book) is never naive.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    Think the Cybersocket/AVN/Gay Phoenix forum brouhaha, the various straight programs accused of shaving (with proof) on GFY, the Cybersocket auditing controversy, the Brent Corrigan matter, various other things... it seems that practically *anything*, no matter how heinous, eventually is forgotten and people go back to same old same old.
    I think this is a result of living in Bush World for the last 7 years. We've had to deal with so many deceptions and outright illegal activities from our leaders during the Bush adminstration. In the past, many of these things would have brought the the president and/or his cabinet members down. But we are overloaded with these things nearly everday and we don't have the capacity to fully absorb the consequences before the next controversy comes along.

They keep baffling us with bullshit so we become emotionless drones.