Thread: Vista and Firefox

Think big. Shoot hard.

Vista and Firefox

Is anyone else that uses Vista getting lots of crashes in Firefox?
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

Lots of buggy things in Vista when your default browser is Firefox.

When clicking on a link in ICQ I get an error message of browser not found and Windows Explorer opens.

Some sites crash with Vista and Firefox that don't crash on my Windows XP machine and Firefox.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Think big. Shoot hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post

When clicking on a link in ICQ I get an error message of browser not found and Windows Explorer opens.
    That part I can show you how to fix. But, you are right, some sites just crash FF for not apparent reason that I can tell.

thx
    lloyd
    Lloyd - Stunner Media - ICQ: 216150073
    "The key to success is to risk thinking unconventional thoughts. Convention is the enemy of progress. If you go down just one corridor of thought you never get to see what’s in the rooms leading off it." - Trevor Baylis

Any decent man you ever get is gonna find out you're half dyke and RUN. RiotRacer's Avatar
    There is a really great add on you can get for FireFox called IE Tab. When you are on a website that isn't working properly or openly states it is IE exclusive (NetFlix's "Watch it Now" for example), you can switch to an IE tab, with-in FireFox and it works!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1419

You can also add sites to an IE tab list, so that be default they are opened in the IE tab. I don't know if that will help your Vista problem though. For that I would consider, if possible, a downgrade to XP.

chelo - ACW
    hello,

yes, it's true FF has problems in Vista. Surely MS wanted this to happen, I find Firefox always ahead of IE in browser capability, customization, etc. I guess we'll have to wait for Firefox's next version to see if these bugs are fixed or just stick to XP which I think is the best choice.

Vendzilla
    ever since I got Vista, I stopped using FF

chelo - ACW
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendzilla View Post
    ever since I got Vista, I stopped using FF
    Exactly what MS wanted =)

Vendzilla
    they always have their little plans for world domination