Thread: My Republican Precinct Convention

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post
    LOL that was funny!

A waterfall starts with just one drop! I think Steve is doing a good thing :bunny:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

Camper than a row of tents
    I thought Texas had an open primary where anyone could vote for anyone. Fox News is reporting that a lot of Republicans voted for Hillary on purpose because they want the dems to keep fighting it out (and spending ad dollars) since they knew McCain would win.

desslock
    In my opinion, people rarely vote so strategically in an election. I'm sure that some do.

But honestly, after working primary elections for years, and handling both REP and DEM voters, people rarely go vote in an opposite party's election for the long range purposes of trying to effect the general election.

Steve

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sc32803 View Post
    I thought Texas had an open primary where anyone could vote for anyone. Fox News is reporting that a lot of Republicans voted for Hillary on purpose because they want the dems to keep fighting it out (and spending ad dollars) since they knew McCain would win.

Faux News is sure cranking out the reports and letting you decide! Too bad the other networks have both said that of republicans who voted, they voted for Obama.
    ICQ# 200-385-093

Camper than a row of tents
    Faux News is sure cranking out the reports and letting you decide! Too bad the other networks have both said that of republicans who voted, they voted for Obama.
    Yeah, I know. I never watch them but happened to be in a Firehouse Subs today and saw that story (does every Firehose Subs tune into Fox?).

Anyhow, the story sounded plausible. I know several Repubs who desperately want Hilary to win the nom so she will rile up the Bush army to vote in November.

Quote Originally Posted by deanb View Post
    Remember their rationale for that was that Dems were crossing over and voting for McCain, the weakest candidate, so we would win.

It's all silly really. Radical Reps vs Radical Dems. Like the tail wagging the dog isn't it?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

desslock
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasun View Post
    Jasun: Funny song... BUT : For me it's not about trying to move something ultimately impossible. You are implying that is foolish, which it would be.

As it's plainly obvious on GWW, I enjoy standing up for what I believe in. Don't you think that the whole gay rights movement has become so .... how shall I say ... so bourgeois?

As gays and lesbians, is really our best means to advance gay rights going to L.A. Gay Pride day and dancing shirtless in some park in West Hollywood drinking margaritas in open containers? Or is it writing a $200 check to the Human Rights Campiagn Black Tie Dinner so we can all eat caviar and drink champagne while dressed to the nines? Or is it purchasing a subscription to the Advocate?

Is that all? Now I have fun at gay pride events, but I like to go beyond that for something more meaningful.

The purpose of coming out isn't some unachievable dream to accomplish world peace and love. It is to show the others around you that we want to be treated like everyone else, and not as a second class citizens.

We are a two party political system, so for me rather then stand on the outside and throw rocks, I'm pragmatic enough to pick a team that I can be comfortable with, and work from the inside. That's what for me makes politics kinda fun.

Steve