Thread: Turnkey affiliate program for adult?

How long have you been gay?

Turnkey affiliate program for adult?

Hi,
    I want to roll out a rather closed affiliate program for my 4 sites. I have seen that NeverBlueAds is like a turnkey. Is there anything like that for adult? Or, do I need to roll out a full standalone affiliate program?

These are 4 gay paysites that are underexposed.

Any advice/info would be appreciated.
    JC

if you already have 4 sites, i don't understand what needs to be turnkey. are you talking about using a template for your affiliate program site?

I Want To See Bradleys 'B-Unit' deanb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    if you already have 4 sites, i don't understand what needs to be turnkey. are you talking about using a template for your affiliate program site?

I agree with basschick, if you already have 4 sites, you obviously have some knowledge. You could find a decent designer to put together a 1 page template for you for a pretty reasonable price and put together the rest of the pages your self.
    ICQ# 200-385-093

first advice is to get on the forums and get to know people a bit better, gain a good rep and then introduce your affiliate program - keep it closed if you want, but at least if you are on the forums you will know those that apply to become an affiliate from the forums.

cheers,
    Luke

Thanks for the replies.

There's a service you have probably heard of called NeverBlueAds. It basically is a third party affiliate turnkey that fully sets up and manages affiliate recruitment/sales/tracking etc. between the sponsor and the affiliate.

Other than CCbill revshare type programs, is there anything like that out there for adult? I use Netbilling (merch acct), so third party biller solution is a no go.

Just from what I have researched, rolling out a fully independent affiliate program is huge gamble based on so many factors. I was thinking of using NATS, but would that be an overkill?

What I tell my partner is, I wish I could setup a simple affiliate tracker, get a couple of good affiliates and say , "Here knock yourself out. You two are the only affiliates." But, it appears affiliates prefer a more glossed over corporate set up with limitless resources (custom content, hosting, massive tracking software etc.)

Ugh. What to do.

i wouldn't touch those third party systems. the few programs i ever used that used one ended up not paying, paying late, not responding to emails. you could pay someone to do 10 hours per week of repping to start off if you really don't have the time.

and btw, a glossy, sophisticated program really isn't necessary.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Most likely, affiliates are going to want an affiliate backend they are familar with. That means, pretty much, either CCBill, MPA-3, NATS, or Executive Stats.

Right now, my vote would probably be for Epoch's version of MPA-3, which is free, and does cascading billing. The only catch is that you have to use Epoch as one of your billers, and you must put Epoch first in the cascade.

If you want to wait a little while, CCBill's affiliate program is being significantly enhanced right now and supports cascading billing and will soon support many of the other features that NATS and MPA support.

NATS has had a bad rap recently because of some security breaches. It's feature-rich, and we and many other programs, including some very large ones, do also. Until the recent issues, and NATS non-transparent handling of those issues, it was pretty much the top-shelf choice in the industry. But if I were choosing today, I would very seriously look at the other choices in addition to NATS and weigh everything.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Edit: Just read that you use Netbilling. You could still use CCBill's affiliate program because it does not require that you put any particular biller in first position. And of course, you could use NATS, MPA, or ExecStats.

I concur with Patti, I would not consider using one of the smaller off-brand affiliate packages, nor would I write my own.

There is one other package I know of which Boyfun uses and swears by, if you want the info I can dig it up and post it.

Hi,
    This is true. But aren't adult affiliates today extraordinarily demanding...that is, they require hosting, tons of *original* content for promotion, fhg, video galleries etc.. Are affiliates, even today, willing to go with a small startup program that doesn't have all of those features, yet?

Thanks!